Director, Pharma Business Development
This position was filled!
Who are they?
Owkin exists to find the right treatment for every patient. Our focus is to use artificial intelligence to discover and develop better treatments for unmet medical needs, starting with the fight against cancer.
In November, Owkin became a ‘unicorn’ - a startup worth more than $1 billion - through a $180 million investment from pharmaceutical company Sanofi. As a result, we are now looking for the brightest and best talent to help us to go even further in achieving our mission.
Rencontrez Yu, Senior Translational Research Scientist
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
The Director, Pharma Business Development has the opportunity to grow our business with pharmaceutical companies by generating new leads, managing key accounts, and contributing to the go-to-market strategy of the company.
As a Director, Pharma Business Development, you will directly manage your customers and be instrumental in creating awareness of Owkin’s ground-breaking tech, including federated AI and machine learning to enhance and accelerate drugs R&D, market access and commercial activities in Pharma.
The Director, Pharma Business Development will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer, and be a part of the global sales team. The position will require intimate cross team collaboration with our Platform, R&D, Legal, Operations and Strategy teams.
In particular, you will:
- Engage major pharmaceutical clients across multiple stakeholding groups including but not limited to C-Suite Executives, Therapeutic leadership teams, bioinformatics, Translational research, IT, Real World Evidence, Procurement, R&D, HEOR and Data Science Teams.
- Secure strategic new business, close high value and complex technology and/or solution sales, while growing existing accounts.
- Engage the market with Real World Evidence, Data access, AI and Predictive Analytic concepts which are pushing the current frameworks of medical research and will drive significant changes in clinical processes.
- Play a significant role in helping to scale the company and deploy world class commercial sales solutions, and defining the market positioning.
Required qualifications / experience:
- Minimum 5 years of commercial/solution sales experience to the Pharmaceutical / Biotech industry, with significant achievements and relevant network.
- Proven sales success in closing high value and complex technology and/or consulting and/or service sales in the pharmaceutical industry.
- A University Degree with strong scientific and technical/IT background, preferably a Masters/PhD degree in the Sciences or IT/Technology (Molecular Biology, Epidemiology, HEOR, Genetics, Oncology, Statistics, AI, Machine Learning, Data Science, etc)
- You bring a significant and relevant network across the R&D/ Drug Development industry and can develop consultative relationships that turn into ROI and become valued repeat customers.
- You are hands-on, experienced, proactive, independent, articulate and possess a good sense of humor, integrity and professionalism.
- You have excellent communication and writing skills and you are computer literate (Google suite, Slack, Salesforce).
- You have a fascination for innovative research and Artificial Intelligence, the future of clinical research and medicine and passion for solving the biggest problems in health.
- Ideally, you have experience of working in a PE or VC backed start-up company environment and thinking outside the box while supporting it to scale.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills in English.
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- Notify Owkin's recruitment unit at this address email@example.com
- contact the following authorities: