iOS Engineer - Open to full-remote ✨
Who are they?
Mojo is a mobile app for creating incredible animated social content. Users can choose from hundreds of animated templates, customize them to their needs and share them on all social platforms.
Mojo was launched in 2018 and is now the #1 app for creating animated content for social media.
The app reached over 30M installs with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 and hundreds of thousands of paying subscribers.
At Mojo, we believe that creating great visual content should not require technical skills.
That’s why we want to put a design agency in every pocket.
With a designer in hand, we make it easier for people to become creators, shop owners, marketers, or artists - and earn a living from it.
Rencontrez Jean, co-founder
✨ Missions ✨
You will be a core builder for the Mojo iOS application. You will be responsible for turning feature concepts into delightful iOS experiences.
🧑💻 As a Senior iOS Engineer, you will:
- own the development of new features going from the technical specifications, discussion with the product and the design to the monitoring of their success
- be obsessed about maximizing the impact of the features you will work on
- help your iOS team continuously improve the processes (release, support …) to ship faster and better
- look ahead to the new iOS & Swift capabilities, experiment with them, and share how we could apply them to the Mojo application
✨ Skills ✨
Here are the skills it takes to be a good fit:
- Deep knowledge of iOS (3+ years of experience)
- Swift, UIKit, SwiftUI, Combine, Async/Await…
- Strong problem solver. You love crafting algorithms, and you have a good Math background
- Experience working in a team of 3+ engineers
- Experience working on a high-traffic application (we have millions of monthly active users 📈)
- Comfortable working remotely and in an asynchronous configuration (status updates, team communication, weekly sync, Pull Requests, code reviews …)
- Fluent in English 🇬🇧
✨Nice to have ✨
We don’t expect you to have those skills, but if you have, feel free to tell us more about them!
- Previous experience in the Video editing world is a big plus
- Experience with any of AVFoundation, Metal, SpriteKit, CoreGraphics, Vision is a plus
- Knowledge in Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Machine Learning, AI
- Experience building a cross-platform framework / SDK
✨ Our work style ✨
We are a small team of 25 people. Almost all of us are based in Europe. We have an office in Paris where half of us go weekly. The rest of the team works remotely and usually comes monthly to the office.
We gather every six months for team offsites and regularly host team events in Paris.
We work in English. Our communication is mainly written.
Most of our major initiatives are organized in autonomous squads.
Choose My Company has awarded us awarded the HappyIndex AtWork and the TechAtWork labels for 2023.
✨ Our core values ✨
💪 We have a doer mentality. We love taking initiatives to drive visible results for the company. We also cultivate a strong sense of autonomy and ownership for all topics.
🚀 We are excited about the change and always move forward with big ambitions.
❤️ We deeply care about other people, whether they are our teammates or Mojo creators. We advocate transparency and candid feedback. We want to become a B-corp within the next year, aiming for a more fair, inclusive, and sustainable world.
✨ Compensation & benefits ✨
- Competitive salaries based on upper-range market data.
- 💶 The salary range for this role is 85k€-100k€ depending on the profile, we can go higher for outstanding profiles and adapt if the cost of living is higher than in Paris.*
- Stock Options aligned with US market practices
- A minimum of 5 weeks of paid vacation for all, no matter the country of residency, and 10-week fully paid parental leave.
- Health and disability insurance are covered at 100% by the company
- Pension fund contribution is tailored locally to provide the best coverage
🌍 Remote-friendly equipment & setup: we provide the best-gear laptop and peripherals, and cover the cost of home equipment and coworking space for full-remote teammates. Transportation and accommodation are also fully covered when coming to the Paris HQ.
🌳 Up to 3 days for your learning initiatives with a dedicated budget and 🇬🇧 English lessons to perfect your language skills.
🎉 Team events: we do team offsites twice a year, plus frequent team gatherings at our Paris HQ.
✨ Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
We are committed to enabling everyone to feel included and valued in the workplace. We believe the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require assistance, please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, color, family, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
✨ Hiring process ✨
Our hiring process can be as short as two weeks, and here are the 3 main steps:
Screening interview with hiring Manager (60min)
Live technical test (2 hours)
Final interview with the Founders (1h30)
Other Mobile Development jobs
These job openings might interest you!