- Permanent contract
- Possible full remote
- No degree
- Mobile Apps
- Less than 15 employees
- Permanent contract
mojo makes an app to create social stories with a professional look.
Users start from 150+ animated templates and can modify them to their needs.
The app was launched early November 2018. Users and revenue have grown strongly since. mojo is now one of the top apps to create social stories. The ambition for mojo is to become the leading product for professional video creation on mobile.
Last year, the company went through the Y Combinator accelerator program.
Your job is create templates and effects for mojo app.
The graphic design team will come up with new static designs for templates. Then, those designs will be animated by our motion design team. Click here for a simple video example
The different elements composing the designs will need to be turned into code, using a format that can be easily interpreted by mojo graphic engine. Those design elements are:
- layout: sizes, margins, positioning, constraints, etc.
- content: colors, stock media, fonts, graphic elements, etc.
- animations: timings, durations, easing functions, values change, etc.
You will have to:
- analyse and break down animated designs to define the elements you will have to code
- dive into graphic and motion design tools (Figma, Photoshop, Sketch, After Effects, etc.) to extract the information to reproduce the designs with pixel and timing perfections
- test those templates in different conditions (formats, media, texts, etc.) to make sure they support all use cases
- Add new templates to mojo app on a weekly basis
- Help improving the format used for templates, to make creative coding more efficient and less time-consuming
- Work with the graphic engine team to add the missing graphic features that are needed for new templates
- Look out for new graphic and motion design trends that could benefit mojo app
- Autonomy: you are not afraid of learning by yourself and tackling challenges that mix design and coding
- Proactivity: your end goal is to make new content available to mojo users on a weekly basis, and you will be the leading force for this
- Coding Experience: you should have some experience with at least one mark-down language (json, XML, html, CSS, etc.)
- Visual Sense: you deeply care about aesthetics and visual arts. You are good at breaking down visual compositions into distinct elements. You only stop working on designs when they are pixel-perfect.
- Basic Math: you are not afraid of using basic math formulas to achieve simple graphic results
Meet the mojo team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on LinkedIn