- Permanent contract
- Partial remote authorized
- Consumer Goods
- From 250 to 2000 employees
- Permanent contract
When you say Mars, most people will recall the delicious chocolate bar filled with caramel. However, only a few are aware that Mars portfolio includes, for instance, the Orbit gum, Uncle Ben’s rice and sauces, or Whiskas and Pedigree pet food. Ever since 1911, when Frank C. Mars first created candy in his kitchen, quality has been a top priority for Mars. The company does everything to be proud of the mark it leaves in the world. And that’s one of the reasons why Mars sometimes prioritizes other than strictly business decisions.
Deliver an accurate demand forecast for relevant categories in CE using tools and insights available to drive delivery of business unit plan and excellent customer service.
- Copiloting with sales, marketing and finance to deliver an accurate and aligned demand plan for specific segments / customers, for the short, medium and long term
- Proactively drive the relationship with internal customers (Sales, Customer Marketing, Marketing) to align on forecasting and phasing of key events and activities
- Lead the forecast alignment monthly process with sales and marketing
- Liaise with the Product Supply Coordinators to ensure product supply risks are mitigated and optimal stock levels are maintained
Context and Scope
The jobholder uses knowledge, sales history, input from sales teams, market share data, sales systems data and input on upcoming marketing plans to create a demand forecast. The granularity of the forecast will vary both in terms of the product and sales hierarchy and time horizon. Performance should be reviewed on an ongoing basis and any risks to the forecast highlighted.
Wherever appropriate, effective contacts should be established, mostly with internal Customers, to ensure that opportunities to drive a collaborative relationship are realised. The benefits of developing a good relationship will lead to improved customer intelligence, excellent information flows and ultimately a more accurate forecast. In addition, it is essential to develop a close relationship with the relevant sales team contacts to ensure that there is an aligned, one set of numbers plan.
The KPIs underpinning this role include forecast accuracy and bias which will impact customer service levels, product availability, stock levels and Non-Quality Costs (NQCs). The jobholder has joint accountability with the sales team for forecast accuracy and bias, and is responsible for its ongoing measurement and continuous improvement.
What you can gain
- Company mobile and laptop
- Flexible working hours
- 1 day of home office per week, after trial period
- Meal vouchers
- 5 sick days
- 25 days of vacation
- Life and disability insurance
- Pension plan
- Multisport card or sport vouchers
- Annual variable bonus
- Pet friendly office
- EU citizenship
- Fluent in English and Czech or Slovak (written and oral)
- Previous experience as a Demand Planner
- Be able to build productive relationships and communicate effectively at a variety of levels with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Systems knowledge:
- Experience of using office productivity software (such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) is required. Knowledge of JDA/Apollo, SAP APO or other supply chain planning tools is preferable.
- Add to favorites
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn