- Permanent contract
- Possible full remote
- Collaborative Economy, FinTech / InsurTech, Software
- Permanent contract
- Possible full remote
MANGOPAY is a leading European payment solution which aims to build powerful payment technologies for entrepreneurs to design the platforms of tomorrow. We specialise in marketplaces and crowdfunding platforms and provide them with a technology to enable them to process payments easily and automatically.
Today, we have over 2,500 clients all over Europe including some of the most innovative marketplaces such as Vinted, Rakuten. They are all able to fully automate their payments and accept multiple currencies with many payment methods.
We have offices in Luxembourg, Paris, London, Berlin, Madrid, Milan and Amsterdam. We are proud to foster an inclusive and dynamic work environment which has enabled us to grow into an innovative leader both locally and internationally.
We are opening a position for a legal counsel within the pole Regulatory & Payment operations. Your main mission will be to ensure that our business activities and our products are duly framed, especially regarding EU payment services regulations. We are looking for a legal counsel with a background in banking and payment regulation and with a strong appetite for digital and product-related matters. Previous experience in the fintech field is a plus but we are open to all profiles ! By joining our team, you’ll experience the challenges of being part of a legal department truly involved in the growth of a company and you will have the opportunity to build strong expertise in the EU payment field. ABOUT THE JOB Your mission
- Analyse new projects and commercial partnerships to ensure compliance with the legal framework applicable to payment services.
- Analyse products and initiatives to provide legal risk mitigation strategies.
- Liaise with regulation authorities in the context of our supervision and especially PSD2 related matters.
- Monitor new regulation and provide full support to other teams regarding our prudential obligations (outsourcing, safeguarding requirement)
- Lead contract negotiations with our banking partner and any other providers (means of payment) involved in our payment activities.
- Work with external legal counsels in various jurisdictions to ensure compliance of our activities on an European level.
Your work environment
- In the legal team: you will be part of a team strongly committed to the growth of the company and convinced that the laws and regulations are a leverage. We also truly value human relationships within the team and in the workplace in general.
- In the company: you will work closely with the other teams, and in particular compliance, product, payment operations and commercial teams, that are based all over Europe.
Expertise and experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant legal experience in the payments industry will be highly appreciated. .
- Understanding of online payments and the legal framework relevant to payments or financial services is a minimum requirement .
- Completely fluent in French, and excellent English command is needed .
- International experience will be valued.
- Excellent at analyzing: You love diving into the regulation and performing complex analysis to identify strategy-oriented and growth levers.
- Problem solver: You have a business-oriented mindset, solving complex problems. You can take an interest in any subject, understand the issues, propose solutions.
- Empathic: Understand business and teams issues and position yourself as a true partner and enabler.
- Hands-on: You take initiatives, you are not afraid to do it yourself based on priorities and results.
Nice to have : Previous experience in a startup or experience with a Supervision authority is a plus.
- Call RH
- Interview with our Head of Legal & and expert from the Regulatory pole
- Final interview with our Legal & Compliance Director
- Offer !
Interested in this position? Apply without a second thought!
For us, applications are all very welcome. Our differences are our wealth : we are committed to promote and embody all shades of diversity for a more inclusive and equitable society.
Meet the MANGOPAY team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn