- IT / Digital, Cyber Security, Electronics / Telecommunications
- From 50 to 250 employees
Hosting Customer Support Specialist M/F Luxembourg
- Permanent contract
- Education: Not specified
- Experience: > 2 years
This position was filled!
Who are they?
Founded in March 2000, Gandi operates on three continents, with +120 employees in offices in Paris, Luxembourg, San Francisco, and Taipei.
In twenty years, Gandi has become one of the largest sellers of domain names in the world, managing over 2 million domain names, as of 2017. With more than 750 domain name extensions on offer, Gandi also caters to individuals, small businesses, and large enterprises looking to personalize and professionalize their web presence, offering a dedicated Corporate services option for corporate customers.
Besides its role as a domain name registrar, Gandi is a top CA (certificate authority) offering SSL certificates for sale and managing more than 55,000 certificates.
Since 2008, Gandi has expanded beyond domain name registration into the general consumer Cloud hosting market. Gandi currently hosts more than 200,000 sites and services between Gandi Simple Hosting — a subscription PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service) service geared towards small- and medium-sized businesses as well as individuals — and its IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service) service, dedicated to those with a high level of technical proficiency who seek maximum control over their hosting infrastructure and wish to operate it themselves. Both services wield the power of dedicated resources, flexibility in the allocation of resources to servers, and optimum data security, all on a decidedly innovative network and server architecture.
Hosting Customer Support Specialist
Looking for an individual that is well-organized, and able to work under pressure within the customer relationship.
- Responding to requests made through our internal tools;
- Interact with customers via email, live chat, and phone;
- Hosting Customer case tracking;
- Direct intervention with users for resolving level 1 & 2 problems;
- Creating detailed bug reports for escalating more complex cases to our experts;
- Relaying information and feedback to the customer’s satisfaction and case resolution;
- User support in a multilingual context.
- A similar position previously (Hotline / Customer Service / Customer Support / Help Desk / Computer & Network);
- Knowledge of Internet basics are a must. Web hosting experience is a preferred requirement;
- Good knowledge of Linux OS (Debian, other distributions), knowledge other UNIX distributions are a must;
- Knowledge of users management, permissions & settings of services ( openssh, apache, nginx, mail protocols, MySql, Git, etc) is required;
- Good knowledge of Security & Network (route, iptables, icmp, traceroute, looking glass, tcpdump, etc) is required;
- Knowledge of popular CMS (WordPress, Nextcloud, Prestashop, etc) is required;
- Knowledge of programming languages (PHP, Python) are a must;
- Knowledge of how an API works are a must;
- Great sense of customer relations, excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication;
- Excellent memory;
- Native fluency of English AND French.
- Complete mastery of written/spoken Spanish or Chinese on top of English/French can be a determining factor;
- Reading technical documentation in English is a requirement for this position
Interested in this offer?
- Share on LinkedIn
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter