This position was filled!
Who are they?
Digiteq Automotive designs, develops, and deploys complex electronic systems that make driving
safer and more comfortable. For example, they teach cars to perform selected actions autonomously
or ensure that cars "talk" not only to each other but also to you and their surroundings.
Their parent companies, Skoda Auto and CARIAD are part of the Volkswagen Group, as is Digiteq
Automotive. This allows them to participate in projects for several of the Group's brands. They boast
state-of-the-art development and testing laboratories in Prague, Pilsen, Mladá Boleslav, and soon in
Brno. Some of their biggest projects include robotic parking or carsharing technology.
Currently we are looking for a new colleague for the position of SW Architect to extend and strengthen our team of SW Development.
What will be your purpose in this role?
The SW architect will be first positioned to learn across different projects to absorb know-how (both theoretical and practical) in terms of ECU SW architectures. This includes classis AUTOSAR, adaptive AUTOSAR as well as different future platforms such as ICAS for Volkswagen or HCP for Audi or Porsche. The content of the work will include practical SW development work in projects as well as conceptual work utilizing broad overview and detailed knowledge of SW to design solutions and SW components.
The traditional ECU world is mainly that of C and C++ development, but with the future platforms this is now combined with backend services; standard static way of designing SW components is giving way to service oriented architecture.
What will be your tasks within the SW Development team?
- Learn necessary automotive technologies both through projects and trainings
- Design architecture of SW systems with defined constraints
- Evaluate architecture concepts on target HW
- Develop SW in C/C++
- Assist in complexity and cost evaluation of new projects
- Work with systems IBM Doors, IBM Rhapsody, Jenkins, SVN, Jira and others
- Communicate with German customer
- Teach and mentor junior colleagues
What can you look forward to?
Become a part of a stable multinational company within the VW group with almost 20 years long tradition. You will gain interesting work in a growing field and be in the centre of development of new automotive technologies that will be introduced into cars within the next 5 years. We are a great team of friendly colleagues who are experts in what they do and share their knowledge and support each other.
Additionally, our company provides a number of interesting BENEFITS, such as:
- Individual plan of learning and development, attending conferences, participation in company innovation program, language courses
- Flexible working hours
- Cafeteria benefit system (from 4 000 CZK/year)
- Special reduced price of operating leasing for Škoda cars (possibility to have a new car every year from 3 100 CZK/month)
- Meal vouchers
- Multisport card
- Company contribution for supplementary pension insurance from 600 CZK/month
- Sick days
- Travel insurance for private purposes even for family members
- T-Mobile Program – tariffs even for family members
- Motivating reward for recommending new colleagues (30 000 CZK)
- 5 weeks of holiday
- Plenty of company events
If you are interested in expanding and using your know how for challenging state of the art projects for VW, Audi or Porsche don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Looking forward to meeting you!
The suitable candidate for the role of SW Architect we are looking for
Ability and proven experience with designing SW systems in at least one of these areas (and good knowledge of the remaining ones)
Very good knowledge of SW development tools and methodologies
Excellent C++ programming skills
Systematic approach and analytical skills
Advanced knowledge of English (ability to read German documentation)
Good communication skills and a proactive approach.
Motivation to learn and improve
and should have:
- Relevant university education or proven experience in the field
- Experience with integration of SW into target HW platforms (platform dependence, porting, debugging, real time criteria)
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as CAN, Ethernet
- Knowledge and experience in other programming languages
- Willingness to travel (occasional business trips to Germany)