This position was filled!
Who are they?
Deliveroo est une plateforme de mise en relation service de livraison primée, fondée en 2013 par William Shu et Greg Orlowski. Deliveroo travaille avec environ 176 000 restaurants et épiceries partenaires, ainsi qu’avec environ 150 000 livreurs pour offrir la meilleure expérience de livraison de nourriture au monde. Deliveroo a son siège social à Londres et dispose de bureaux dans le monde entier. Deliveroo est présent sur 10 marchés, dont la Belgique, la France, Hong Kong, l’Italie, l’Irlande, le Qatar, Singapour, les Emirats Arabes Unis, le Koweit et le Royaume-Uni.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so join us for the ride.
Deliveroo is an award-winning delivery service founded in 2013 by William Shu and Greg Orlowski. Deliveroo works with approximately 176,000 best-loved restaurants and grocery partners, and around 150,000 riders to provide the best food delivery experience in the world. Deliveroo is headquartered in London, with offices across 10 markets, including Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Italy, Ireland, Qatar, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and the United Kingdom.
We connect local consumers, restaurants and grocers, and riders across markets to bring people the food they love.
About The Department
The Finance and Strategy team's core mission is to help Deliveroo make more useful decisions. We aim to build long-term company value, and we achieve this by setting company strategy, facilitating world-class execution, understanding and sharing the drivers of our business, delivering accurate financial results, all while managing risks and keeping an eye out for opportunities. Finally, it's important that we foster and evolve a team culture to support each team member to challenge each other, thrive and grow.
As the Senior Finance and Strategy Manager, you will report to the Finance and Strategy Director and be based in our Paris offices. You will manage a small team of F&S Managers.
- Partner with the Paris GM and country leadership teams to help set the strategic direction of the market
- Manage P&L and profitability targets for the region and present this to relevant leadership team
- You will aid in strategic, financial and operational planning and execution
- Use your commercial experience to identify areas of strategic interest and frame approaches to solve them
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders in the business to analyse performance on strategic issues of importance
- Ensure linkage to central functions in execution of country plans, deployment of new products/capabilities and alignment with company-wide missions
- Drive key resource allocation discussions
- Lead your team to discover, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to perform strategic analysis
- Build a world class finance and strategy organisation which aligns with Deliveroo's goals for the EU markets
For this role you need to be tenacious, analytical and have the following skills:
- 8+ years of experience working with senior leadership
- Previous commercial finance experience at a senior level (for example FP&A experience)
- Experience in financial techniques (P&L, investments, process, performance measurement, etc.) and in project management
- You are practical and commercially focused
- You are a good communicator
- You have a successful track record operating, partnering with and influencing exec-level stakeholders
- You excel at solving unstructured problems
- You will lead cross-functional teams without authority
- You are willing to operate in an environment that evolves fast and have appetite for challenge
- Fluent English and French
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry or experience in customer-focused businesses is a plus
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business, and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits including health insurance, family support, finance, community, growth, paid leave and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is love for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space