- SaaS / Cloud Services
- > 2000 employees
Analytics Engineer - Internal Analytics
- Permanent contract
- Education: Not specified
- Experience: > 2 years
This position was filled!
Who are they?
Datadog (NYSE: DDOG) is a world-class SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries.
We bring together end-to-end traces, metrics, and logs to make applications, infrastructure, and third-party services entirely observable. These capabilities help businesses secure their systems, avoid downtime, and ensure customers are getting the best user experience.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth.
Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We are building out a first-class Internal Analytics department composed of Data Engineers, Software Engineers, Analytics Engineers, Data Analysts, and Data Scientists. We ensure all teams at Datadog can easily self-serve the data and report they need to drive their projects and make decisions. If you’re excited to work on a fast-moving team using cutting-edge open-source technologies to collect, store, transform, analyze, and model data, we want to meet you.
- Clean, transform, test, and deploy, in our data modeling layer, datasets that are ready for analytics so Data Analysts and the whole company can work efficiently with our data
- Work with Data Data Engineers to expose new datasets via our direct integration tool
- Apply software engineering best practices to analytics code such as version control, testing, and continuous integration
- Develop and communicate strong opinions about best practices in Analytics Engineering with our community of Data Analysts
- Automate processes around access to data & analytics using APIs and Python scripts
- Put in place solid analytics training, and data documentation, for all Datadog teams so they can learn how to use data to answer questions and build analytics reporting for their team without assistance
- Help build actionable foundational reporting used by many teams at Datadog to make strategic decisions
- You have 2+ years experience as a Data Analyst and mastered data analysis and visualization in a Business Intelligence tool such as Metabase, Looker, or Tableau
- You are fluent in writing analytical SQL, are able to write complex queries with no assistance, understand the difference between SQL that works and performant SQL.
- You have worked with a data transformation tool such as dbt
- You have experience using the command line and Git
- You are a clear, concise communicator and can explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- You have a natural curiosity and investigative mindset - driven to know “why”
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment and thrive on both autonomy and collaboration
- You have some experience with data warehouses such as Redshift, BigQuery, or Snowflake
- You have a some experience with working with APIs and a programming language such as Python
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.