- Permanent contract
- Permanent contract
While some still look to the stars, social networks and video games have given us a chance to look to the digital realm, a third place. These frontiers, thus far, have been fun - a form of entertainment.
Darewise is a team of force multiplier game developers, united to prove we can go beyond entertainment by experiencing rich, creative and connected open world, multiplayer video games.
They’re ready to prove that these worlds can exist as a cooperative venture between company and community.
They are building proprietary technology that serves as the foundation for these open world experiences, pushing beyond the existing social networks and online games to connect people in new, meaningful ways. They share this desire with gamers around the world who are eager to participate in building these worlds both as a technological achievement and as active participants in the game itself.
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of what a game can be, join their international team and start disrupting it all to offer unprecedented gaming experiences.
As a Darewise UI Artist/ Graphic Designer, you will be crafting the flow, look and feel of the graphic interface, framing the player experience for our ground-breaking new project, Life Beyond.
Darewise is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Please note that this position is either full-time on-site in Paris - or you can work remotely from your home anywhere in Europe.
- Be a graphic design and UI powerhouse for Darewise, working closely with Lead Artist and Art Director
- Design and create unique and compelling visuals for context, icons, systems, and graphic elements which frame the player’s experience in our project and in our market
- Create efficient interfaces for complex systems
- Generate intuitive user-interfaces in collaboration with designers, programmers and other artists
- Craft and integrate finalized assets for the project in various media, and in-game
- Helping shape, develop and evolve Darewise’s art team by participating in hiring processes, and pipeline creation
- Participate in iterative development and critical feedback loop with entire game development team, including regular gameplay tests
You give us your skills, dedication and enthusiasm, and here’s what you get back:
- A competitive salary (based on experience) + stock options + 20% profit sharing
- 35 days off per year
- Flexible working hours without time tracking - we trust you to deliver on your work commitments
- Choose where you wish to live! The company is distributed and will accommodate you wherever you are
- Choose your own software - we want you to be comfortable and efficient
- Attend in-person events with the entire Darewise team multiple times a year
- Visit your co-workers in other countries for free (up to twice a year)
- Access to digital book and game libraries
If you choose Paris and our headquarters as your base, here are some added benefits:
- Live in Paris, one of the most iconic and exciting cities in the world!
- Relocation packages, including EU working visa assistance if necessary
- Public + private health insurance
- 50% coverage of the cost of your public transport card
- €500 per year to cover sustainable transportation costs, with the exception of cars, such as bicycle leasing costs, skateboards, etc
- Access to physical book and game libraries
- An ergonomic work set-up, with Herman Miller chairs and standing desks
- Choose your own hardware - we want you to be comfortable and efficient
- One or more shipped titles or products in a UI / Graphic Design role
- Incredible eye for graphic design, composition and usability for providing and exceptional user experience
- High level of proficiency with various UI and graphic development tools including, but not limited to: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, AXURE, AdobeXD, or equivalents.
- Positive, collaborative and professional attitude while working under deadlines
- Strong English and communication skills, comfortable working with multi-disciplinary and/or remote teams
Also nice to have:
- Console or PC game development experience on products demonstrating a high visual quality bar, with
- Skilled and experienced in GUI creation using the Unreal Engine.
- Experience in creating UI for MMO games.
- Broader art proficiency or interest, such as UX or VFX.
Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, and Executive Interview, with on-site interview as the final step in the process. In special cases, exceptions or modifications can be made, and for some positions may include a test.
Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language. As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered.
Meet the team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn