- Video Games
- From 15 to 50 employees
Senior Environment Concept Artist
- Permanent contract
- Possible full remote
While some still look to the stars, social networks and video games have given us a chance to look to the digital realm, a third place. These frontiers, thus far, have been fun - a form of entertainment.
Darewise is a team of force multiplier game developers, united to prove we can go beyond entertainment by experiencing rich, creative and connected open world, multiplayer video games.
They’re ready to prove that these worlds can exist as a cooperative venture between company and community.
They are building proprietary technology that serves as the foundation for these open world experiences, pushing beyond the existing social networks and online games to connect people in new, meaningful ways. They share this desire with gamers around the world who are eager to participate in building these worlds both as a technological achievement and as active participants in the game itself.
The company is based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Brad Lansford (The Witcher 3), Bradley Jeansonne (Halo, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead), Benjamin Charbit (Assassin’s Creed) and the technical direction of Samuel Kahn (The Division, CryEngine).
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of what a game can be, join their international team and start disrupting it all to offer unprecedented gaming experiences.
As a Senior Environment Concept artist at Darewise, you will provide concept designs and compel illustrations to craft environments and props for our ambitious and ground-breaking new project Life Beyond, whilst providing guidance and supervision to other team members.
Please note that this position is either full-time on-site in Paris - or you can work remotely from your home anywhere in Europe.
- Concepting (Researching, Designing and Illustrating) all aspects of environment design, including forms, stylization, landscape and associated props
- Work closely with the art director to establish and craft clear style guides that speaks to the art direction and provide clear instructional guides for the art team to use as resources
- Explore a wide variety of ideas for new environment, landscape and props following the art direction
- Create specific concept art, ideas and design for outsourcing of landscape and props creation
- Competitive salary (based on experience) with stock options*
- 35 days off per year
- Flexible working scheme
- Live in Paris, one of the most iconic and exciting cities in the world or enjoy working from home anywhere in Europe!
- Relocation package including EU working visa assistance if necessary
- Public + private health insurance*
- Profit share scheme
- 50% refund of your public transport card*
- Work within a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed
- Get the most comfortable and efficient work environment (Herman Miller chairs and standing desks)*
- Monthly team building events in Paris
- Quarterly offsite events with the whole Darewise team
- Visit your coworkers in other countries for free (up to twice a year)
- Become part of an inclusive and experienced international team
*some benefits may vary based on your location
- 4+ years Game development industry experience designing and illustrating World-Class content or AAA environments in a Concept Artist role
- Strong stylized environment designer who can demonstrate great artistic sensibilities to create artwork to inspire and to inform the direction for our project
- Excellent time-management, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to give and take direction as well as accept critical review of your work
- Ability to work in and explore concepts in 2D with the understanding of 3D creation aspects
Also nice to have:
- Experience with open-ended/sandbox multiplayer games and modular systems
- Personal interest in MMO games and virtual worlds
- Experience with paintovers
- Experience with giving feedbacks to help other member of the team
- Ability to understand prototyping and to create key/marketing art
Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, and Executive Interview, with on-site interview as the final step in the process. In special cases, exceptions or modifications can be made.
Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language. As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered.
Meet the Darewise Entertainment team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn