- Software, Video Games
- From 50 to 250 employees
Senior Environment Artist
- Permanent contract
- Possible full remote
- Education: 3 years of college
- Experience: > 3 years
This position was filled!
Who are they?
Darewise Entertainment, a subsidiary of Animoca Brands, is a game studio founded by veterans of the AAA games industry that is currently developing the play-and-earn sci-fi MMO ”Life Beyond”.
The core team includes Benjamin Charbit (game director Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag), Marc Albinet (game director of Assassin’s Creed Unity and Dying Light 2), Christian Bravery (art director of Black & White and the Fable series), Samuel Kahn (tech lead for Ubisoft’s Snowdrop Engine and Crytek’s Cryengine) and Vincent Marty (head of marketing Ubisoft EMEA and VP at ESL Gaming).
Together they lead a multicultural team with offices in Paris, Barcelona, and London, composed of passionate people whose collective mission is to pioneer the next generation of high-quality online multiplayer games. Darewise strongly believes in the positive power of online video games to create meaningful, interactive, and social experiences.
Life Beyond is a gaming metaverse where players embark on a journey to build a new civilization on planet Dolos. In this sci-fi world, powered by NFTs and a player-driven tokenized economy, players-citizens can decide who they want to become and the role they want to play in Life Beyond’s complex and many-layered society.
We are seeking a Senior Environment Artist with experience of working on large, open world or MMO titles, who can bring their advanced capabilities with procedural and 3D content tools to the team and help us to create immersive, living, and fully-realized environments, for our upcoming AAA title, Life Beyond.
Please note that this position is either full-time on-site in Paris - or you can work remotely from your home anywhere in Europe.
- Working closely with the Art Director and Art Leads to continually revise game environments and refine visual quality.
- Working closely with the Level Designer to help with the level building and to construct level layout roughs.
- Helping shape, develop and evolve Darewise’s art team by creating pipeline and engaging with the broader game development community.
- Working closely with the Lead Artist and Technical Artists to define the specification of environment artwork.
- Create game environment assets : Build, model and texture environment art, detailed props and objects according to concepts, references and/or art direction.
- Maintaining a high bar for excellence in processes, projects, deliverables, and communication.
You give us your skills, dedication and enthusiasm, and here’s what you get back:
- A competitive salary (based on experience) + stock options + 20% profit sharing
- 35 days off per year
- Flexible working hours without time tracking - we trust you to deliver on your work commitments
- Choose where you wish to live! The company is distributed and will accommodate you wherever you are
- Choose your own software - we want you to be comfortable and efficient
- Attend in-person events with the entire Darewise team multiple times a year
- Visit your co-workers in other countries for free (up to twice a year)
- Access to digital book and game libraries
If you choose Paris and our headquarters as your base, here are some added benefits:
- Live in Paris, one of the most iconic and exciting cities in the world!
- Relocation packages, including EU working visa assistance if necessary
- Public + private health insurance
- 50% coverage of the cost of your public transport card
- €500 per year to cover sustainable transportation costs, with the exception of cars, such as bicycle leasing costs, skateboards, etc
- Access to physical book and game libraries
- An ergonomic work set-up, with Herman Miller chairs and standing desks
- Choose your own hardware - we want you to be comfortable and efficient
- 5+ years Game development industry experience creating environment for World-Class content or AAA games in an Environment Artist role.
- Extensive console or PC game development experience on products demonstrating a high visual bar, with one or more shipped titles in a 3D Environment Artist or Level Builder role.
- Expert knowledge of environment art pipelines and processes in Unreal.
- Strong stylized environment designer who can demonstrates great artistic sensibilities to create artwork to inspire and to inform the direction for our project.
- Amazing environment sculptor/modeler/painter with a diverse portfolio.
- High level of proficiency with 3D environment art development tools including, but not limited to: 3ds Max, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter, etc.
- Ability to think creatively and expand on expectations, for your team and your audience.
- Positive, collaborative and professional attitude while working under multiple deadlines.
- Communication skills, comfortable working with non-technical people and remote teams.
- Excellent time-management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to prototype.
- Experience with giving feedbacks to help other member of the team.
Also nice to have:
- Experience with open-ended/sandbox multiplayer games and modular systems.
- Personal interest in MMO games and virtual worlds.
- Knowledge of and experience with Unreal Engine
Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, and Executive Interview, and may include a test depending on the position, with an on-site interview as the final step in the process. In special cases (and during the current restrictions due to Covid-19), exceptions or modifications can be made.
Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language. As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered.