Who are they?
Avec 6 000 recrutements par an en France rejoignez AXA, un leader mondial de l’assurance et de la gestion d’actifs.
Ils accompagnent plus de 93 millions de clients qui leurs font confiance pour leurs biens, leur famille, leurs collaborateurs, leur patrimoine ou les actifs de leur entreprise.
Chaque jour, ils agissent ensemble pour vous protéger en donnant à chacun les moyens de vivre une vie meilleure.
Un challenge qui donne le sourire !
Our business, protection. We protect people, property and assets.
Our purpose, Act for Human Progress by protecting what matters.
Does this speak to you? Then come and join 149,000 future colleagues who are committed to our 95 million clients in 50 countries around the world every day.
Your work environment
The headquarters of the AXA Group (GIE AXA) brings together our corporate activities. It provides guidance and support to subsidiaries around the world, to ensure the coordination and monitoring of the Group's global strategy, the application of its standards, the consistency of commercial approaches and the sharing of best practices.
The headquarters gathers approximately 1000 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (45 nationalities), which makes it a rich and stimulating place to work.
AXA is built around diversity and unity, which is why we are committed to promoting collective success through inclusion.
Within the Group, you will join the Group Risk Management Department.
The P&C business is core to the AXA Group and is operated in 20+ territories, with a wide mix of operating models, market shares and stages of development.
The P&C Underwriting Expert Long Tail supports the implementation of the NZIA (Net Zero Insurance Association) commitments at AXA.
Due to the business criticality, the top management is paying continuous attention to the steering of the Commercial lines Risk Management. It is therefore essential to onboard the best experts to manage the P&C Long Tail Lines of Business for commercial lines.
Long Tail Commercial Lines includes for following Products or coverages:
- Casualty (~€14,000 billion exposure and ~€6 billion GWP)
- Premises and operations liability
- Products and completed operations liability
- Workers’ compensation and employers’ liability
- Financial lines, notably: Management liability, Professional Indemnity, Errors & Omission, Directors & Officers
- Marine liability
- Aircraft liability
- Environmental liability
- Cyber (~€50 billion exposure and ~€400m GWP)
Context & Major Challenges
High Technical expertise within P&C Underwriting and AXA Portfolio requiring minimum background in
- Insurance and Reinsurance business aspects
- Group entities’ P&C activities
International Environment with multicultural multidisciplinary teams and diversity of behavior and market situation,Heterogeneous data management and IT systems that will make difficult the metric definitions and implementations for NZIA commitments and follow-up.
The Underwriting Expert for Long Tail Commercial lines main missions will support Climate and sustainability AXA ambition in the coordination of different projects:
- Implementation of Net Zero Insurance alliance framework and targets ;
- Development and implementation of sustainability policies and guidelines ;
- Development of products and solutions to support Climate & ecological transition.
Contribute to implement Net Zero Insurance Alliance targets within the Long tail team
- Contributes to NZIA commitments and support internal work deployment (decarbonization targets and action plan progress follow up notably).
- Contribute to consolidate data collection across entities.
- Contribute to NZIA public reporting.
- Support NZIA communication and outreach internally and externally.
Contribute to develop and implement sustainability policies and guidelines
- Support the evolution of the Underwriting climate and sustainability underwriting guidelines, including climate, Biodiversity and Human Rights issues, especially in the Energy sector.
- Support the area of "social" and human rights subject matter for underwriting.
- Support the management of sustainability-related referrals from entities for long tail.
- Participate to Long tail teams training
Contribute to develop products and solutions to ensure Climate & ecological transition
- Coordinate activities between other AXA entities and the Center of Excellence (CoE), on subjects related to Renewable Energy (RE).
- Coordinate a claims community to promote best practice sharing and root cause analysis.
- Support development of solutions for emerging technologies and solutions in the RE space (battery storage, hydrogen, energy Efficiency).
- Participate actively in the CoE transition to develop our expertise in new clean energies including ESG issues.
- Elaborate a best practices sharing mindset across entities among the Long tail team.
Support overall missions belonging to GRM Long Tail underwriting
- Long Tail Guidelines updates or improvement.
- Referral process
- Entities Profitability reviews
- Technical reviews
- Knowledge of P&C business operations enabling to have thorough understanding of business insurance rationale, processes and profitability and any potential P&C risk.
- Knowledge in P&C actuarial fields to efficiently handle the Insurance metrics proposed.
- General knowledge of Commercial Lines insurance Products ;
- Easy manipulation of complex financial figures (Current Year Combined Ratio, All Years Combined Ratio, attritional LR, GWP, GEP, Economic Capital, Economic Combined Ratio…) connected to insurance activity monitoring ;
- Reinsurance knowledge (Treaties and facultative).
- Natural leadership ;
- Able to develop structured argumentation to sell ideas and convince various types of stakeholders (different hierarchy levels and business background) ;
- Able to deliver high-level presentation in front of senior management or entities CEOs ;
- Agility to work in a multifaceted P&C world (Local vs Group, Small vs Large entities, worldwide underwriting cultures) ;
- Always be costumer minded while promoting a robust Risk management framework and strong underwriting discipline.
Other Sales jobs
These job openings might interest you!See all job openings