SMB Account Executive
- Permanent contract
- Software, IT / Digital, SaaS / Cloud Services
- From 250 to 2000 employees
SMB Account Executive
- Permanent contract
Who are they?
Algolia’s mission is to make every search interaction meaningful and rewarding through developer-friendly and enterprise-grade APIs. They build the leading Search & Discovery API for websites and mobile apps.
Their goal is to help the most innovative companies across most industries to create powerful, relevant and scalable discovery experiences for their users. Their hosted platform reduces the complexity of building and scaling a fast, relevant digital experience and helps teams accelerate development time.
Today, more than 7,500 companies such as, Twitch, Lacoste, Ouest-France, Medium, and Stripe rely on Algolia to manage 65 billion search queries a month.
At Algolia, milliseconds matter !
As an Algolia Account Executive, you will be responsible for creating strong relationships with our customers and building on these relationships to close deals. You should be comfortable researching prospective customers and adapting sales strategies to meet their needs. You know the ins and outs of Algolia, understand how we can benefit each prospect and will ultimately be the front line of our revenue growth.
Are you a resilient problem solver who isn't afraid to think outside the box and get their hands dirty? We expect you to take ownership and be able to execute without defined processes and implicit direction. We're looking for candidates who raise the level of our teams. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Manage and grow a sales pipeline
- Communicate transparently both internally and externally
- Turn inbound and outbound leads into happy Algolia users
- Make every Algolia user a satisfied customer, regardless of the deal size
- Collaborate across teams to better focus customer-facing efforts
- Build compelling demonstrations and sales materials
- Forecasting your revenue contribution reliably to your manager.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- You love building human relationships and believe that a happy customer is our best evangelist
- Natural understanding of the sales process
- First successful experience in a lead generation role (esp. in tech. sales )
- Quick thinker, must be able to handle questions on the fly
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment
- Multi-tasker who can adapt to changing situations
- Excellent spoken and written French and/or English skills required
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
NICE TO HAVE:
- First experience in a closing position.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment;
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership;
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback;
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company;
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance;
- Life and Disability Insurance;
- Business Travel Insurance;
- Flexible work hours and flexible time off policy.
- Competitive pay and equity;
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, you name it;
- Everything you need to be efficient;
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences;
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French);
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents;
- Charitable contribution matching;
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice;
- $1000 Remote work Stipend.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!
- Add to favorites
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn