This position was filled!
Who are they?
Algolia’s mission is to make every search interaction meaningful and rewarding through developer-friendly and enterprise-grade APIs. They build the leading Search & Discovery API for websites and mobile apps.
Their goal is to help the most innovative companies across most industries to create powerful, relevant and scalable discovery experiences for their users. Their hosted platform reduces the complexity of building and scaling a fast, relevant digital experience and helps teams accelerate development time.
Today, more than 7,500 companies such as, Twitch, Lacoste, Ouest-France, Medium, and Stripe rely on Algolia to manage 65 billion search queries a month.
At Algolia, milliseconds matter !
Algolia is looking to add a corporate counsel with a focus on commercial transactions and privacy to our growing Legal and Compliance Team! The ideal candidate will be a key partner to our Sales, Marketing, Security, Product and Engineering teams and support our growing revenue team, products development, documentation and vendor procurement agreements. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic, tech savvy lawyer with a passion for helping a business to scale. This role will contribute to shaping commercial contracting processes and policies, training team members to accomplish the same, impact the development and lifecycle of products and learn and take on new areas of the law.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including enterprise SaaS, software license, data processing agreements, partnership and alliance, consulting, reseller, referral, non-disclosure and other commercial agreements
- Partner cross-functionally with global teams on a variety of commercial matters and vendor agreement review
- Provide internal privacy guidance and to our revenue teams (e.g. data processing agreements, data transfers)
- Provide guidance to Product, Engineering, Marketing and Security on issues related to new and existing products and documentation
- Partner with the extended support team (including sales operations and security) to support and develop processes for contract and knowledge base management
- Develop training materials and conduct training sessions for business teams
- Manage outside counsel for quality and expenses as needed
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Professional level fluency and drafting in English
- JD and member of the Bar in good standing or Registered In-House Counsel
- At least 4 years of experience in the IT or corporate team of a global law firm with training in corporate law; and a big plus for in-house relevant work experience in a growing technology company
- Strong transactional experience with drafting and negotiating complex enterprise SaaS agreements, including in regulated sectors (e.g. public, banking)
- Expertise in privacy compliance
- Excellent legal and business judgment
- Passion for partnering with Sales and closing deals
- Strong communication and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Track record of initiative, collaboration and problem-solving skills
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, Sydney and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, Sydney and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!