Business Development Representative - Australia
Who are they?
Algolia’s mission is to make every search interaction meaningful and rewarding through developer-friendly and enterprise-grade APIs. They build the leading Search & Discovery API for websites and mobile apps.
Their goal is to help the most innovative companies across most industries to create powerful, relevant and scalable discovery experiences for their users. Their hosted platform reduces the complexity of building and scaling a fast, relevant digital experience and helps teams accelerate development time.
Today, more than 7,500 companies such as, Twitch, Lacoste, Ouest-France, Medium, and Stripe rely on Algolia to manage 65 billion search queries a month.
At Algolia, milliseconds matter !
Meet Morgane, Technical Recruiter
At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
We are looking for highly driven individuals with strong technical aptitude and natural sales instincts to join our growing sales organization. As a Business Development Representative (BDR) at Algolia, you will play a critical role prospecting and expanding business opportunities for our Enterprise and Mid Market teams. You will take part in a wide variety of responsibilities that will help foster, qualify, and mature our pipeline with high profile customers. We need someone with a hunter attitude who can take direction as well as have the drive and motivation to work autonomously. We expect a strong go-getter!
Are you a resilient problem solver who isn't afraid to think outside the box and get their hands dirty? We expect you to take ownership and be able to execute against best practices, as much as be creative in the way you reach out to your prospects. We're looking for candidates who raise the level of our teams. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally. Are you ready for the challenge?
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Work closely with our Enterprise or Mid Market teams to build global pipeline and strategize on how to approach targeted accounts
- Identify, prospect key contacts at target accounts and build the foundations for a strong, long lasting relationship
- Execute appropriate strategies by building out right content ie. case studies, screencasts, presentations, demo hacks. This is where we expect you to unleash your creativity!
- Be an active part of the team, sharing best practices and participating in the Business Development organization's projects
- Manage, track and report sales activities and results using SFDC
A typical morning for Tristan looks like : "Every morning, my goal is to reach out to new people to raise their interest for Algolia. First, I would be looking for new companies to target and find the relevant people I want to reach out to. Then I would craft a personalized messaging to help them realize the value they would get from evaluating Algolia. Eventually, I would own the conversation with them and pass them over to a senior Account Executive when they'll be ready to evaluate Algolia."
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Prior experience in lead generation and sales (SaaS experience preferred, but not required)
- Highly motivated with a competitive edge
- Communication and writing skills are on point
- Strong ability to quickly learn and adapt to change
- Demonstrated success overachieving (professionally/ personally)
- You have a keen interest in the tech industry
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure)
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, Sydney and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, Sydney and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!
Other Sales jobs
These job openings might interest you!
PuteauxPermanent contractPartial remote authorized
ParisPermanent contractPartial remote authorized