Alvyn is a true food lover, he is above all a passionate entrepreneur and committed to the food transition. Alvyn co-founded Algama after several experiences in consulting and finance. Alvyn holds the position of CEO, travels a lot especially in the USA and has a keen taste for culinary development. He plays multi-roles in the company. Alvyn holds a Master's degree in Management of Technology and Innovation from Paris Dauphine and Mines Paristech.
Jean-Paul, PhD, is an acknowledged specialist in marine biology, expert in algae and microalgae for more than 20 years, Jean-Paul is now the Chief Scientific Officer and head of Labs of Algama. Jean-Paul is also President of EABA (European algae biomass association) and member of the Board of the European Society for Marine Biotechnology. Previously, Jean-Paul was Director at IFREMER for several years until 2015. Then he served as Managing Director of Greensea during five years.
Jean-Paul is a co-founder of Algenics in 2008, one of the first microalgae start-ups in France.
Léa, PhD in Eco-extraction. She joined Algama in 2016 as PhD appliquant in partnership with the University of Avignon and the laboratory GREEN UMR 408 /INRAE. Léa develops processes and ingredients from microalgae for the agro-industry. Since 2019 Léa is based at Avignon in a biotechnologies cluster (Créativa)
Léa is a graduate engineer from Agrocampus Ouest and holds a Master 2 from the University of Strasbourg.
As a food-tech company, Algama harvests the potential of algae to create food that's good for both people and the planet. They explore plant-based products, still largely unknown, and they build with you the food innovations of the future. Algama’s goal is to feed 10 billion people by 2050, while preserving the planet and offering consumers additional and better choices in foods.
Their Story : After consuming microalgae for numerous reasons , Alvyn and Gaëtan conclude that it was a viable solution with the potential to redefine our food system for good. Algama was founded in 2013. World leader in microalgae food : Since its founding, Algama has been the world leader in microalgae food and is proud to have the support of world-class impact investors like Horizons Ventures, Blue Horizon Ventures, CPT Capital, Veginvest, Beyond Impact, Alwyn Capital. They are focused on bringing microalgae- based foods to market, they are working hard to make their ingredients and products super tasty, affordable and widely available.
Today they are less than twenty people based mostly in Paris’s area and they are expecting the team and they are looking for talents, innovators and entrepreneurs.
Discover our Medium Blog : https://medium.com/@Algamafoods
- No standard profile
- You are passionate about food, food innovation, and/or food transition
- You are a rare bird ! you like to get out of the frame and know how to work and think outside the box
- stressless guy
- You manage your priorities and enjoy working on several topics at the same time.
- You are an entre/intrapreneur
- The Algamates have lunch all together almost one time a week!
- The R&D department offers weekly testings of prototypes
- Some of them take advantage of the spaces to play Fifa or Smash Bros after lunch or before snoozing
- They love creativity and entrepreneurship, they also love responsibility and action; they often pitches new product ideas, some of which are now real companies like The Good Spoon Co.
- Regularly they do an Algamapero or something like that.
- They're not all from Brittany!