The engineering team at KILI is driven by 4 core values, helping employees develop a cutting-edge product and become better individuals :
- Agility : The product and the customer success groups team up to make better decisions that are customer-centric. We follow one-week SCRUM sprints with daily meetings and weekly ceremonies to keep us accountable.
- Work and grow with the best : We help individuals grow because we recognize that individuals make teams grow. Helping and challenging one another is our way of working - we call this the principle of “andon” - if a developer experiences a challenge, he/she has to seek help in less than 15 minutes. This contributes to an open culture where nobody is afraid to ask for help.
- Move fast, fight debt : Velocity can mean quality, as long as technical debt is managed properly. That is why we put in place weekly brainstorming sessions and Kaizen continuous improvement sessions to balance new features and work-down of debt.
- Work hard, play hard : We find tech everywhere. From finding new talent to discovering new leads, tech is everywhere at Kili. We work hard to sustain a shared vision of value that will help Kili succeed.
Front end Developers
Machine Learning Engineers
Number of cities where we have KILI developers
Technologies and tools
Organization and methodologies
We are organized on squad teams with clear ownership
The development team, alongside with the product and design team have a strong impact on the product. Our agile approach and our lean culture are focused on having a smooth delivery with high velocity.
At Kili, we believe in a flat organization, which we believe empowers our engineers with autonomy and accountability.
In order to make our fast growth sustainable, we put clean architecture and craftsmanship spirit in the core of our methodology. We believe in that way of working, and have weekly time dedicated to sharing and learning.
Leading continuous development on our Developer eXperience is a key part of this, come play with us to build it !
Projects and tech challenges
Our mission at Kili is to allow our users to annotate as fast as possible, control the quality of annotations, and intelligently target the data to annotate.
The solution includes:
- extremely advanced man-machine interfaces on text, pdf, image, video, audio, time series;
- distributed high-performance computing;
- an advanced search engine;
- machine learning at all levels.
The main projects are:
- development of new human-machine interfaces, focus on UX
- scalability up to a million annotated assets/day high volume scale challenge
Our recruitment process is divided into 4 steps, allowing us to get to know you better !
- Phone screening: get to know Kili by talking with a talent manager on the phone.
- Design interview: 1-hour pair programming session where you’ll tackle architecture patterns and a real-world feature with a senior developer.
- Advanced interview: code an advanced feature on a real use case with a lead developer during a 30-minute call.
- CTO interview: get to meet our CTO for a 30-minute session to share Kili’s vision and how you’ll fit with Kili’s values.
The interview can be done remotely or on site, but if you’re up to meet the whole team, we share drinks every Thursday so make sure to come by !