Our CSR ambition: acting for a positive impact
As a pioneer in the field of in vitro diagnostics for more than 55 years, bioMérieux is committed to fighting against infectious diseases worldwide. Our company has always acted with a long-term vision when it comes to its employees as well as to outside stakeholders.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has been in the genes of bioMérieux since its creation and our CSR ambition is an integral part of our strategic roadmap.
It’s based on 5 pillars:
- Health, by developing innovative in vitro diagnostics solutions to improve public health worldwide;
- Planet, with the deployment of eco-responsible action plans to make the planet a healthier place to live;
- Healthcare ecosystem, by stimulating more intensive dialogue with stakeholders to advance diagnostics;
- Employees, with a focus on delivering outstanding safety performance and expanding the commitment to inclusion and diversity;
- Extended company, by fostering long-term partnerships to increase the Company’s positive impact in its host communities.
Sustainable Development Goals
Through our activities, bioMérieux supports the advancement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), which aim to guide companies' efforts to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.
Each year since 2003, bioMérieux has renewed its support for the United Nations Global Compact.
We are committed to respecting the key principles set out in the Global Compact, based on four pillars: respect for human rights, labor conditions, the environment and the fight against corruption.
Would you like to know more about our CSR commitments?
Discover our Exceptional Donations operation launched in 2020 to help the most vulnerable people affected by the economic and social consequences of COVID-19, in the countries where the Company operates.
Diversity & Inclusion
At bioMérieux, we value the differences of our team members, our partners and our customers. We are committed to creating a culture of belonging and acceptance where all feel respected, supported and included. We are convinced that the diversity of our teams fosters innovation along with competitive differentiation and supports our ability to achieve our public health mission. We believe in the richness of difference to support the Company’s ability to grow and evolve.
bioMérieux is part of the top 2% of companies ranked in terms of gender equality in the Top 100 of Equileap's 2021 Gender Equality Global Report & Ranking.
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Joining bioMérieux is choosing to be a part of an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a human-centered corporate culture.
Our Group offers numerous opportunities: join the 13,000 bioMérieux employees who already identify with these values!
Candidates’ know-how and agility are very important. The ability to adapt to change, be a team player and embrace our corporate culture is fundamental. We are interested in candidates who can adapt to various types of situations and who are focused on performance and finding solutions.
Behind the design, development, manufacturing and marketing of our products are nearly 200 different jobs. We have earned an international reputation for our team’s expertise. In order for us to manufacture the instruments on which our tests run, to develop the integrated software our automated systems require, and to sell our products and services, we recruit individuals coming from extremely diverse backgrounds to work in our major professional divisions:
- Research and Development
- Supply Chain
- Information Systems
- Business : Sales, Marketing & Customer Service
- Support Functions
- Support functions
- Medical Affairs
- Clinical Affairs and Regulatory Affairs
To join bioMérieux’s great adventure, here are some criteria!
- Desire to contribute to improving public health worldwide
- Give importance to interpersonal skills as well as technical skills
- Seek personal growth through contact with diverse backgrounds, horizons and different cultures.
- Be curious, open and agile to meet the challenges that await you