Year of Founding2018
Average Age27 years old
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. After a successful Series B raise of $120M USD, Descartes Underwriting is proud to be recognized among the French Tech Next40 and launched Descartes Insurance, a ‘full stack’ insurer licensed to underwrite risk by the French Regulator (ACPR). With a growing corporate client base (150+ and counting) - our diverse team operates out of our global offices headquartered in Paris and based in Singapore, Sydney, New York, London, Madrid, Frankfurt and Hong Kong.
With employees from over more 25 different nationalities to date, the team at Descartes Underwriting values diversity across multiple dimensions – cultural, cognitive, leadership & experience. Continuing to build a diverse multilingual and multicultural team is core to their value proposition, allowing them to think & build globally from the first iteration. Descartes seeks talents who share our collective fighting spirit and will add additional analytical perspectives & insights.
Headquartered in Paris, the company’s international footprint includes offices in New York, Singapore, Sydney, London, Madrid, Frankfurt and Hong Kong with continued office expansion planned for 2023.
Descartes by the numbers:
- Widespread international client base, building corporate and public sector resilience with covers for more than 300 clients in 60+ countries
- Up to 200M USD capacity offered per contract
- USD 141.5 million raised with support from BlackFin, Serena, Cathay, Highland Europe and Eurazeo
- 25+ nationalities represented in a team of 100+ employees
- 8 office locations: Paris (HQ), New York, Singapore, Sydney, London, Madrid, Frankfurt, Hong Kong
Otázky a odpovědi