Senior Narrative Designer
- Permanent contract
- Video Games
- From 15 to 50 employees
Senior Narrative Designer
- Permanent contract
This position was filled!
While some still look to the stars, social networks and video games have given us a chance to look to the digital realm, a third place. These frontiers, thus far, have been fun - a form of entertainment.
Darewise is a team of force multiplier game developers, united to prove we can go beyond entertainment by experiencing rich, creative and connected open world, multiplayer video games.
They’re ready to prove that these worlds can exist as a cooperative venture between company and community.
They are building proprietary technology that serves as the foundation for these open world experiences, pushing beyond the existing social networks and online games to connect people in new, meaningful ways. They share this desire with gamers around the world who are eager to participate in building these worlds both as a technological achievement and as active participants in the game itself.
The company is based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Brad Lansford (The Witcher 3), Bradley Jeansonne (Halo, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead), Benjamin Charbit (Assassin’s Creed) and the technical direction of Samuel Kahn (The Division, CryEngine).
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of what a game can be, join their international team and start disrupting it all to offer unprecedented gaming experiences.
As a Darewise Senior Narrative Designer, you will be the primary content creator and vision holder fleshing out a new, unique IP: an exotic alien world rich with interest, intrigue, history, characters, races, creatures, cultures, adventures, and current events. This IP will take shape in various formats: a video game, a series of comic books, and more.
- Provide creative leadership and be the primary content creator for an IP development process involving creating new worlds, characters, stories, and fiction.
- Regularly communicate with Game Designers to create and support an immersive game experience.
- Provide excellent documentation which both explains the details of this world and also exciting, evocative high level pitches to generate interest.
- Perform hands-on content creation for the video game production: character designs and dialogue, location descriptions, and similar, by communicating closely with content creators or working directly in the tools.
- Collaborate with Production on the overall game development project, keeping it in creative alignment.
- Competitive salary (based on experience) with stock options.
- 7 weeks of paid holiday and flexible working hours.
- Relocation package including EU working visa assistance if necessary.
- Benefits package including private health insurance, pension and public transport.
- Unlimited budget for your workspace hardware, software and tools.
- Monthly free games to be up to date with all the latest release.
- Fully stocked fridges.
- Working within a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed.
- Living in Paris, one of the most iconic and exciting cities in the world.
- 4+ years as a fiction content creator, writer, and world builder in multiple media, having shipped at least 2 works.
- Experience working on game development teams or otherwise writing for interactive and non-linear narrative.
- Thorough and demonstrable understanding of game design grammar.
- A vivid imagination and a willingness to go beyond the expected to discover new, relevant, evocative, and resonant stories.
- Superb communication skills, especially verbal and written. Excellent documentation of IP, world, and fiction ideas.
- An ability to pitch what makes a fiction great and make a team excited to develop it.
- Excitement to collaborate with other creative individuals, fielding their input and developing it into the work.
- Willingness to brainstorm and compromise to find an IP with cross-media potential.
- Positive, collaborative and professional attitude while working under multiple deadlines and getting things done well and on time.
- Bilingual or native speaker in English.
- Based in or willing to relocate to Paris, France.
Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, and Executive Interview, with on-site interview as the final step in the process. In special cases, exceptions or modifications can be made.
Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language. As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered.
Meet the Darewise Entertainment team
- Pridať k obľúbeným
- Zdieľať na Twitteri
- Zdieľať na Facebooku
- Zdieľať na LinkedIn