Cette offre a été pourvue !
Who are they?
Luko is the fastest growing Insurance in Europe and France’s #1 Neo Insurance.
Today, Luko’s mission seems obvious: to transform insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
Beyond the protection of individuals, insurance must serve society. It should be an ally to the planet and to its environmental issues.
We believe that insurance must be simple, transparent and useful.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience. Luko is not just about insuring, but also about preventing issues. We are building the best AI-powered technologies to avoid accidents in every European home.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 300,000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 220+ ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry. We are looking for other impact-driven talents to scale Luko across Europe. We are committed to equal access to employment, inclusion and diversity within the teams.
Are you ready to join our journey?
📍Hybrid (Office in Paris) or full-remote from France (with the possibility to come and visit our Paris HQ once a month)
Your mission in the team:
As a Senior Backend Engineer, your role is to architect, develop, and maintain robust and scalable backend systems. You will have a key impact on shaping the technical foundation of our services, ensuring maintainability and performance.
The Senior Backend Engineer reports to an Engineering Lead. They are part of a cross-functional team within the tribe, collaborating closely with front-end engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to deliver cohesive and high-quality user-centric solutions.
By joining our backend team as a Senior Engineer, you will make an impact by:
- Designing and building high-quality and scalable software services
- Helping and coaching other backend engineers
- Having full ownership of your work from design to operations
- Collaborating with other senior engineers in finding the most pragmatic solutions to the problems at hand
- Taking active part in various discussions in the BE guild
- Being a happy Lukoum :-)!
We have huge ambitions and we rely on you to help us make a difference for our users thanks to your technical knowledge and experience. 💪 We are very proud of the speed of execution at Luko. It is a key to our success and we count on you to pursue this through rigour and creativity.
Here are the back-end technologies we use - Python3, Flask, SQLAlchemy, AWS, Lambda, ElasticBeanstalk, Zappa, S3, MySQL, InfluxDB, Gitlab, CI-CD, Docker
What do we recommend to be successful?
- You have a solid experience with backend engineering (5+ years)
- You have good experience with Python (2+ years)
- You are an advocate and strong practitioner of automated testing from unit to e2e.
- You have experience building services in a continuous integration environment with full monitoring.
- You love building performant and maintainable products.
- You like working in a team and helping others improve.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English
What is in it for you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing InsurTech in Europe
- Join an engineering team that makes an impact every day (Engineering Principles)
- Grow in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- International and friendly team and office in Paris
- Meal vouchers
- Health Insurance
- Learning and development courses
- Free books policy
- Remote-friendly policy
Our recruitment process:
1. Hiring manager interview with Emile, our Engineering Manager
2. Technical test at home (3-4 hours) and debrief with engineers from the team
Who are we?
Luko is a neo-insurer that has become the number one direct insurance company in France and Europe in 5 years with the fastest growth. Luko was born from a simple observation: 50% of French people distrust their insurers. In order to reverse this vision of insurance as a necessary evil, Luko's mission is to reinvent insurance so that it is finally simple, transparent, and useful.
On the agenda: accessible, efficient, and intuitive, with a caring team, based on a business model that re-aligns everyone's interests via the giveback.
B-Corp certified and with the highest-rated customer service in its category, Luko has earned the trust of over 400,000 policyholders (in France and Germany). Since its beginning, Luko has been supported by EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest with whom we have raised €70 million in Series A and B, as well as the world's largest reinsurers Munich Re and Swiss Re.
Committed to equal employment opportunity, inclusion, and diversity within our teams, Luko is looking for talent willing to join our 200+ Lukooms to shake up an entire industry.
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in English.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do, and how we work.
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.