Around 70 people now work for Welcome to the Jungle’s Tech and Product teams, including 26% women.
There is no such thing as a standard profile, we all have different backgrounds and diversity is our strength! We value passion over diplomas.
Technologies and tools
Open source ⚙️
We manage several open-source libraries:
Welcome UI: a customisable design system built with React, styled-components, TypeScript, and Reakit.
Algoliax: an Algolia integration for Elixir applications.
Ecto_anon: a simple way to handle data anonymization directly in Ecto schemas
And we’re just getting started!
Check out our articles about our technical challenges on our Welcome Tech blog.
You can read our feedback on our Elixir/React applications, discover best practices for product design, and find out more about our latest activities on our open-source libraries.
Follow us on Twitter to stay posted on our latest news.
Organization & Rituals
We use the Agile method with continuous deliveries, and our daily organization is run by product squads. These multidisciplinary teams are autonomous and are always formed of a product manager, a product designer, three to five developers, an engineering manager, a QA engineer, and a data analyst.
Everyone also reports to a manager, and developers are assigned to an engineering manager according to their squad.
These different teams work hand in hand throughout projects, and different rituals set the weekly pace:
- Daily stand-ups
- Backlog groomings every two weeks
- Retrospectives at least twice a quarter as well as post-mortems
- Alignment meetings when two squads need to work on a common subject
- Knowledge sharing sessions every two weeks (Jungle Workshops and Practice Chapters)
- A monthly Jungle Labs day to explore new technologies, libraries, tools, or ideas
- Morning Tech twice a quarter to discuss the team's progress and updates
- Events in our French hubs in Nantes, Bordeaux, Marseille, and Nice: dedicated coworking spaces are rented for people who work remotely
- And of course drinks, especially when people who work from home come for their monthly visit to Paris!
Projects and tech challenges
Welcome to the Jungle: Our website provides applicants with information about companies, job offers, and working life.
Welcome Kit: Our application management tool (ATS) for companies.
Under the Hood: Over 60 external integrations, an admin console, an SSO, an employer brand application, many back offices, and much more.
When working in tech, it is crucial to stay informed on the latest trends. We therefore offer the following opportunities:
- Taking part in on-demand training (with financial support and subject to validation by the manager);
- Attending conferences and meetups of your choice (with financial support and subject to validation by the manager);
- Deepening technical topics away from everyday emergencies during the monthly Jungle Labs days;
- Sharing your knowledge during Jungle Workshops and Chapters sessions every fortnight.
At Welcome to the Jungle, we truly believe that productivity cannot be measured by the number of hours spent in the office.
We therefore offer:
- an asynchronous working system (whenever possible)
- a 4-day week (for full-time positions only and after a one-month trial period)
- the possibility of spending up to 75% of your time working from home (depending on the position and only for people with permanent or fixed-term contracts)
- the possibility of being fully remote: a choice made by 55% of the members of the Tech and Product teams
The Tech and Product teams meet on average once a month in Paris to attend a Morning Tech session, have a nice chat and catch-up, and grab some drinks together.
Above all, we are looking for people who will settle in nicely with the rest of our teams.
Team spirit, humility, kindness, audacity, and curiosity are just as important to us as technical knowledge!