EcoAct, is an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organisations to implement positive change in response to climate and carbon challenges. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, remove complexity, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains.
We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance; delivering economic, social and environmental value.
This position would suit an enthusiastic and energetic candidate with an interest in sustainability and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate on matters related to the environment and climate. Working with a high performing team, we are seeking a motivated and skilled individual to spearhead Nature & Tech based Solutions (NTBS) communications work for clients and new audiences, scaling up the promotion of our carbon offsetting solutions, with a specific emphasis on advancing our work in project development. The successful candidate requires an ability to multi-task, communicate effectively and have impeccable attention to detail.
The Nature & Tech based Solutions Communications Manager is responsible for developing and delivering communication materials, on-the-ground and remotely, assist in the creation of pre and post-sales client materials, create content and organise events to promote NTBS’ expertise and portfolio both internally and externally.
He/She ensures quality communication about our carbon offset portfolio and expertise, in particularly our growing work in project development.
He/She will report directly to the Group Director of the Nature & Tech based Solutions Business-Unit on his/her progress through frequent meetings and through a regular review of contents and indicators. He/She will have a cross functional role, collaborating closely with members of the NTBS unit and Business Development and Marketing and Communications teams.
The Nature & Tech based Solutions Communications Manager is mainly responsible for the following activities:
Develop pre and post-sales client materials to enhance our spot and investment portfolio offering
Collaborate closely with EcoAct’s Key Account Managers and NTBS members to support them in delivering comprehensive communication materials for clients, encompassing carbon offsetting projects, as well as fulfilling any other communication requirements.
Work with EcoAct’s Marketing and Communication team to plan communication activities about carbon credit retailing and project development
· Work with our Marketing and Communication Team to coordinate action plans and ensure relevant communication on projects, in line with overall group communication strategy
Contribute to compelling and engaging content (articles, social media posts, videos, etc.) to promote our expertise in project development and showcase our diverse portfolio of spot and investment projects. Fact check all communications against NTBS activities.
Work with the Marketing and Communications team to organise internal and external events on strategic NTBS topics
Establish appropriate reporting and follow up KPIs with the Marketing and Communication team
Work with NTBS’ members to coach them on effectively gathering communication materials (e.g. pictures, videos, brochures, KPIs, appropriate copyrights etc.) from field partners and project developers’ network, both in on-the-ground and remote settings
· Supervise NTBS’ intern tasks in collecting and archiving materials, as well as in updating communication databases
· Other duties as assigned
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in both French and English
· Academic background: University degree, ideally at a Master’s level or higher, in a communications or environment related field
· Strong research and analytical skills on environmental subjects
· Great interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a multi-stakeholder and multi-cultural context
· Good photography and video skills
· Demonstrated experience in organising and executing travel arrangements to middle and low-income countries
· Ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
· Ability to work autonomously and independently but collaborative team spirit
· A willingness to learn
· Work cross functionally with internal teams
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes
· Ability to manage databases and track KPIs
· Experience in creating targeted content on Nature and Technology Based Solutions Experience in social media management
· Good oral and written skills in Spanish
· Good working knowledge of graphic design and video editing software, such as Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere)
· Knowledge of carbon offsetting mechanisms
The role will be based in Paris
1-year contract, full-time