💻 Tech team organization
The Tech department is sub divided into 6 Squads, one per product OR per major feature within a particularly mature product:
Customio, dedicated to the platform our clients use to place an online order for a shipment, access tracking, contact support etc. Challenges: create evolve and maintaint an engaging online platform for premium B2B clients with new features to ship everyday 📈
Arithmio, in charge of our pricing algorithm and thus our instant quote-generating tool. Challenges: create evolve and maintain an algorithmic solution able to deal with very different markets and situations. 💻
API, which exposes the Arithmio algorithm not only to our own platform (Customio) but also to third-party platforms, or our clients' website. Challenges: create evolve and maintain a complex API following best practices for performance, security, readability and maintainability 🔌
Opsio, taking care of an internal platform used by our Ops team, comprised of Logistics Coordinators who need to track dozens of shipped items at once on long and administratively heavy processes. Challenges: expose the information in the best way possible to make your colleagues more efficient, evolving it taking their feedback into account. ⚙️
Finance, working hand in hand with -no surprise- the Finance team to help them track our different orders, keep our books clean and immutable. Challenges: setup strong, business-compliant solutions. 💶
Website, dealing with the evolutions and bugfixes made to our website. Challenges: work at the crossroads of all the departments of the company and create new dynamic webpages complying with the current web and Design's best practices. 😍
📦 Technical Stack
You can also check out our carousel but here is the bulk of it:
- 💾 Infra/DevOps: GCP, Github, GH Actions, Docker, Terraform, DataDog
- 🖥 Backend: PHP 8.1, Symfony, PHPUnit, Behat
- ✨ Frontend: Typescript, Angular 13, Jest
- 📊 Data: Airflow, BigQuery, Python
- 🛠 IDE: the one you choose, we'll cover the license fee 🙂
🎨 What we're looking for in our Tech team members
- Software Developers with an eye for quality code
- Passionate professionals staying up to date with best practices
- People eager to share and learn with their peers
- Technical experts that are also interested by the Business and their needs
- People interested in joining a project on the long run, to refactor continuously our
- Solutions to keep them at the current state of the art
💎 Our implementation of best practices
- About testing: 🧪
- We use PHPUnit and Jest for unit testing
- We use Behat for functional testing
- Some testing is done after the fact for older code, but we implement TDD when developing new features
- We use SonarQube for Static Analysis
- We encourage Peer programming not only to improve code quality but also to exchange on best practices and generate healthy discussion about our coding standards.
- Same goes for Code Reviews, which are not only encouraged but mandatory before any PR gets merged. 🔎
- We have started to implement DDD (article in progress, we'll keep you posted) 🏗
- While we use an overall agile methodology, each Squad can organize the way the see fit: some lean (pun intended) more towards a Scrum methodology and others more towards Kanban 🧘
- We also use Notion and Trello for project management 📓
🎱 Key figures
- We provide unlimited remote for everyone, even after Covid! 🌍
- Because we want remote to be a choice, we also keep the possibility to come to our office in Paris as much as you want if you are based in the Ile-de-France area. Some people who prefer it come everyday, some others only a few times in a year, and of course all the shades in between are allowed 🏙
- Your colleagues in the R&D department will be based in Paris, Montpellier, Marseille, Lille, Strasbourg, Toulouse, Warsaw, the Canary Islands and 1 camping car 📍
🏃 From-To on a Tech standpoint: in 2021, we have
- Revamped our infrastructure -it is now fully terraformed 👷
- Migrated from php 5.6 to php 8.1 -switch to PHP 8 incoming! ⏩
- Implemented rigorous testing encompassing unit tests, integration tests and e2e tests 💻
- We optimized our CI/CD implementation 🔄
- Reduced our technical debt from 1500+ days to 40 🏋
- Implemented hexagonal architecture on our main domain 🧩
- Created a front-end shared component library (Storybook) 📚
📱 What can you expect for your first call with Convelio
You will spend 30 minutes on the phone with our tech recruiter, talk a bit about your current situation and what your ideal next job would look like, about Convelio, and answer the questions you might have about the company, the job, the projects, the team, the stack...
Next steps include a technical test, meeting your team and the manager and a reference check if relevant.
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
Convelio developed its own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Their mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience. They currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 200+ colleagues scattered across France - United Kingdom - USA (where we have offices), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. They thrive in solving complex logistics issues for their clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. They are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (+40M€ raised, Series B in March 2022) to seize the market opportunity.
Convelio is looking for motivated and skilled people with an entrepreneurial mindset who constantly want to learn and improve themselves. As the team is growing, everyone gets a unique opportunity to grow with the company and find or create a place that fits one’s personality and wants. At Convelio, there is room for innovation and sharing of ideas!
The team cultivates an atmosphere in which people feel empowered to take initiatives but also make mistakes and learn from it. Feeling safe in your work is a requirement to achieve great things altogether, and enjoy working as a group.
To get hired, 2 bonus criteria:
- To be an art lover: paintings, sculpture, music, etc. They always enjoy aesthetic and artistic discussions within the office!
- To like foreign languages: at Convelio you hear speaking french a lot but also english, italian, german, spanish, chineese… they love it!
Otherwise they have regular drinks altogether, lunches and team dinners and they enjoy doing sports too. Come and say hi!