System Administrator -Linux/Network/Cloud- (EN)
Táto pozícia bola obsadená!
Who are they?
Scaleflex is hiring!
At Scaleflex, we are striving to make the Web faster by allowing our customers to store, optimize and deliver their assets (product images, videos, files, code, …) rocket fast over the World. In the context of our accelerated growth and the launch of our new product Filerobot, we are looking to strengthen our international Team with a System Administrator / Engineer.
With a Team of 80 spread across France, UK, Germany, Egypt, Bulgaria, Singapore and Vietnam and thanks to strong automation in our operations, we are able to serve more than 1500 happy customers worldwide with our current SaaS offeringsCloudimage (Media Acceleration And Optimisation) and Filerobot (Digital Asset Management).
This is a unique opportunity in a rapidly expanding company with the goal of fully integrating the team. The position is located anywhere, either in Sofia, Bulgaria, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Lyon, France or Cairo, Egypt, where existing teams can already make sure you’re comfy.
Meet Ingrid, Sales Development Representative
Summary of role:
This is a combination of technical and management roles, where you will be responsible for:
- Helping setup the management procedures & tools for continuous software development, test and deployment; ensuring they are scalable and failure-resistant.
- Creating/embedding failure management processes & tools so outages can be detected and handled with no / minimal loss of service availability.
- Organizing the infrastructure health automated reporting across all systems and interfacing with business & technical (both internal) stakeholders for alerting + response.
- In addition to having highly analytical and problem-solving skills, this role favors an individual with structured thinking and decision making abilities, who is focused on business outcomes, having a hands-on and proactive approach.
Our core architecture is distributed in more than 20+ data centers worldwide and is able to process terabytes of new digital assets every day, and deliver billions of files every month. Our team is growing and we are in need of a Mid-level Sysadmin to take over workload and ownership from the CTO in order to document, structure, improve, and ensure the scalability of our Infrastructure Management Systems.
Design, validate, automate, and document many infrastructure management processus:
- Set-up & manage continuous integration, and constant deployment activities and tools (Git, Jenkins, etc), along with building own solutions when more efficient
- Encourage and build automated procedures wherever possible
Inventory existing systems’ dependencies & scaling bottlenecks and propose solutions to be discussed with the CTO:
- Design, build and operate cloud services (e.g. AWS, Google, SoftLayer, Azure…)
- Ability to code and script in Linux / Unix environments
Hunt and identify weak points & redundancy improvements opportunities, and propose then implement solutions:
- Monitor all Back-End infrastructure -Servers, APIs, Databases, Networks, etc.-
- Use industry standard “on the shelf” tools and in-house built solutions
- Ensure procedures are updated and relevant, that involved teams know and apply them (maintain a Knowledge Base, plan Sharing sessions, run follow-up drills)
- Help write Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery whitebooks.
- Have the technical skill to review, verify, and validate software code (Py, Go, etc.)
- Work closely with the CTO to offload him on infrastructure projects and daily tasks
- Work in cooperation with Support & QA teams to improve our response time to incidents
- Support an Incident Management and Root Cause Analysis culture in Devs teams
What we offer
- A dynamic work environment in a fast growing Startup
- A goldmine of knowledge in the B2B Cloud space for cross-development: you want to learn Lean-6Sigma or help launch a web marketing campaign, no problem!
- Humble but hungry work atmosphere
- Work in an international team
- A workplace where you can have an impact and make a difference within the business but also to the web/app experience of hundreds of millions users around the globe.
Our Team is built around people with a strong entrepreneurial culture and can-do attitude. We love people able to “do something out of nothing” and strive to get better every day. In order to fit in, you must be/have:
- Working experience with Cloud and CDN providers (OVH, AWS, Google)
- Deep knowledge of Linux systems, specifically Ubuntu a plus
- Database administration (perf, backup, etc.) with PostgreSQL, ClickHouse a plus
- Programming scripts and languages, like Python or GoLang, JS/PHP a plus
- Few years of experience in the IT field as a Sysadmin, DevOps, SaaS company a plus
- Practical knowledge of methodologies like CI/CD
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar is also a plus but not required
- Hands-on & problem solver: you thrive in complex environments
- Autonomous, force of proposal, self-driven with a “challenge the status quo” attitude
- Familiar with Agile principles, and delivery within such frameworks
- Understanding business drivers and managing (internal) stakeholders
- Comfortable presenting to a diverse audience
- Mentoring and guiding team members aspiring to evolve as sysadmin
- Language: English (full professional proficiency), another language is a plus
After a first intro call with our Talent Acquisition, you will meet our CTO and receive a technical test.
According to the results, you’ll meet with the top line Manager for the last round. If you enjoyed it and impressed us with your skills.
We’ll be happy to welcome you to the team ASAP!