Táto pozícia bola obsadená!
Who are they?
Global travel tech leader for European train ticket reservations, Rail Europe is the one-stop-shop for planning and booking European train travel.
Headquartered in France (Nantes & Paris), we are indeed an international & digital company with subsidiaries in the United States, India, China and Australia.
Rail Europe is the trusted partner of +15,000 travel professionals in 70 countries.
We’re looking for a software engineer to build world-class software solutions with the latest technologies.
The team is responsible of the development of an online booking service for train travel throughout Europe: Rail Europe. The mission of the team is to make booking trains anywhere in Europe as easy and affordable as possible, from epic international adventures to everyday local commutes.
The team is working on the [B2B website](https://agent.raileurope.com/) and the underlying back-end system to connect to all the major Train Carriers’ systems in Europe.
Our main technologies are: Java, Spring, Node, Angular, Redis, Elastic Search, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, AWS.
You ensure a smooth and efficient relationship between Technological-Product teams and their stakeholders by any mean you see fit.
As a Software Engineer within our practice, you will:
• Building out the backend of our core services offering, including the architecture and implementation of our cloud-based infrastructure, data model and applications
• Modelling complex business logic, designing robust and efficient databases, handling real-time data, data versioning and auditing
• Developing our internal and external UIs and APIs
• Apply best coding practices and follow industry standards in all parts of the implementation
• Collaborate with a cross-functional team to build and deliver software
• Exchange knowledge and work together to implement solutions across the full stack
• Incorporate new technologies and tools to strengthen and sharpen your skills
• Work with a product owner and stakeholders to understand and write requirements.
The team :
• We have high coding standards, follow best practices such as code review, continuous testing and delivery.
• We strive to learn and improve together in a supportive environment as the wider tech ecosystem evolves.
• Our days are not full of meetings and distractions. Allowing others to achieve flow is a big part of supporting each other.
• Our team enjoys a healthy work-life balance and don’t think caffeine-fuelled all-nighters are a good way work.
• Once a month, our hack-day allows us to learn, grow and try some news tools/skills/practices.
• We deliver into production small User Stories several times a day for the B2C and twice a week for the B2B
• We are fully responsible of our website and each week; 1 member of the team is on call over nights and week-end.
We believe that diversity of background and experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• You have 4+/5+ years experience as a Software Engineer :
• Backend development skills using server-side frameworks, such as Java
• Database skills (e.g., Elasticsearch, Postgres/PostGIS, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.)
• You have experience working in an Agile development environment
• You have experience working in project teams through the full development life cycle, including requirements analysis, architecture, design, coding, testing, and delivery of solutions
• You have experience with containerization and container orchestration, preferably using Docker and Kubernetes
• Cloud computing, especially using AWS services such as S3, RDS, SQS, EMR, or Kinesis
• Serverless approaches, preferably using AWS Lambda and Serverless Framework
• confident communicating and sharing complex information and learnings with both technical and non-technical team members
• Experience in the travel industry is a plus.
Soft Skills :
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
• Highly self-motivated and results-oriented team player
• Unwavering integrity and commitment to excellence