- Mobilné aplikácie, Umelá inteligencia / Machine Learning, FinTech/InsurTech
- Od 15 do 50 zamestnancov
Software Engineer Intern
- Stáž (5 až 6 mesiace/-ov)
- Možnosť pracovať iba na diaľku
- Vzdelanie: Magisterský stupeň vzdelania
- skúsenosti: Neuvedené
Who are they?
At Joko, we leverage technology to help our users shop smarter: we help people preserve their purchasing power, buy more responsibly, and save time — all at once. Our ambition is to have a positive impact on the everyday life of hundreds of millions of consumers around the world. To achieve that, we have built an app as well as a smart browser that provide users with:
- online and in-store cashback
- automatically applied coupon codes
- interest-free ‘buy now pay later’ on any shopping website
- information on their purchases’ carbon emissions
- and much more!
Joko was created in 2018 by Xavier, Alexandre, and Nicolas and the team has reached great milestones already:
- 1.8m+ users
- 1600+ merchant partners
- €12m+ raised from leading European investors
- 45 team members
- €10b transactions processed to date
If you want to know more about Joko, check out this page.
As a Software Engineer intern at Joko, you will develop new features, new products, and improvements in order to bring value to the users of the different Joko products (mobile app, browser extensions, web services, etc.). You will have a full ownership of your projects and you will handle their development from A to Z, i.e. from the software design/architecture phase to the deployment in production.
The technical challenges that we are trying to solve at Joko are complex and diverse. For example, we are building our own web browser and are processing massive volumes of transactions every day. For this reason, we don’t want to build a team of specialists, with people who only work on specific tasks (e.g. mobile development, backend development, etc.), but a team of engineers with a wide range of skills that are able to solve complex problems. During your internship, you will work closely with the engineering team that will be here to help you integrate coding best practices into your work, and make sure that you learn everything about modern software development.
- Software design: You will be responsible for challenging the vision of the Product team, and translating it into a viable architecture on all your projects.
- Software development: You will be responsible for the implementation of your software designs from A to Z, across our entire technical stack.
- Deployment & monitoring in production: You will be responsible for releasing your projects and monitoring their impact on the users together with the Product team.
- Tools & processes: You will help improve the way the Engineering team works by proposing new methods and by developing internal tools.
- Problem solver: You have strong analytical skills, you are creative, and you love solving complex problems.
- Fast learner: You are comfortable in any technical environment and are able to quickly learn new programming languages, new frameworks, or new practices.
- Programming skills: You master at least one programming language and you are able to write flawless code that respects the very best practices.
- Computer sciences background: You have a solid knowledge of the core computer science concepts, such as algorithms and data structures.
- Tech savvy: You are constantly looking at emerging technologies and you keep a close eye on the latest trends in the domain.
- Efficiency: You are fond of productivity tools and able to deliver on time on projects with many stakeholders.
- Attention to details: You know that the devil is in the details, and you have talent for spotting flaws when they exist.
- Mindset: You have an entrepreneurial mindset, you like challenges, you welcome feedback and you are willing to get better every day to reach excellence.
- Communication: You have strong written and verbal communication skills, and you are able to explain something complex with simple words.
- Languages: You are fluent in English both written and spoken, as we are expanding internationally soon. Mastering French is not required.
- Education: You are a graduate student in Computer Sciences in an engineering school or a university.
Nice to have:
- You have experience with AWS and/or serverless
- You have experience with mobile app development and React Native
- You have experience with Typescript, Python, Rust, or WebAssembly
- You have knowledge in machine learning
- You have knowledge in web automation and/or in web browser development
Máte záujem o túto ponuku?
- Zdieľať na LinkedIn
- Zdieľať na Facebooku
- Zdieľať na Twitteri