Elvesys - Elveflow
- Entre 50 y 250 empleados
Mechatronics engineer (2-year fixed contract)
- Temporal (24 meses)
- Fecha de inicio:
- Salario entre 35K € y 40K €
- Permitido de manera ocasional
- Formación: Licenciatura / Máster
- Experiencia: No especificado
Who are they?
Their vision: A major technological revolution is underway in the field of biotechnology that will accelerate humanity’s progress in medicine as never before. Microfluidics is one of its major pillars.
Their mission: To develop microfluidic instruments that go beyond the state of the art, to enable researchers to go beyond the state of the art in their field, particularly in biotech.
Their company: Elvesys is an innovative company of 50 people created by three young PhDs in microfluidics. Their goal is to become the flagship of microfluidics in the world so that all research teams around the world benefit from the potential of microfluidics
We are looking for an engineering master’s degree holder (mechanical, mechatronics, automation, robotics, electronics) who is eager to learn and to apply their knowledge and creativity in the technical development and testing of novel microfluidic instrumentation. The 26-month fixed term position will be within Elvesys’ Innovation Unit, at the interface of applied research and innovation and addressing unmet needs of the research community in microfluidics. You will be part of a small team to develop technical solutions and be open to learning in all areas within your reach.
PREREQUISITE FOR ELIGIBILITY FOR THIS POSITION:
● You must not have spent more than 12 months in France during the past 3 years.
● You must have less than 4 years of full time research experience post degree
Description of the role
The focus of the engineering role will be the design, development, and testing of a novel industrial microfluidic research instrument.
Your missions will be the following:
● Iterative design and fabrication of instrument prototypes. These prototypes will progressively add functionality and performance toward a “minimum viable product” version of the instrument. Work will include:
○ 3D CAD design in SolidWorks and 3D printing (FDM and SLA printing)
○ Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design and testing for the electronics
○ Work in collaboration with machining, molding, and laser cutting suppliers depending on the necessity of the project.
● Work in collaboration with embedded software development (for microcontroller implementation and interfacing).
● Run microfluidic verification tests to inform further design choices and generate new ideas to diagnose and solve known and unforeseen design challenges of the instrument.
This position is funded by a European Commission Marie Curie Innovative Training Network (ITN) “LasIonDef,” meaning that in addition to the missions above, the engineer will participate in some collaborative work with ITN partner institutions relating to microfluidic flow control and device characterization. This also includes periodic visits to partner organizations for ITN meetings and research secondments.
● You have a Master’s degree in engineering in either mechanical, mechatronics, automation, robotics, or electronics and are interested in a multidisciplinary technology product development
● Proficient in using 3D CAD softwares (preferably SolidWorks, but familiarity with others are helpful)
● Understanding and practical experience in mechanical manufacturing techniques, most importantly 3D printing.
● Experience/knowledge in microcontroller programming.
● Experience/knowledge in electronics/mechatronics
● Interest and/or experience in microfluidics
● You feel comfortable in an international environment and are confident to work independently and in English.
● You like working at the bench and being actively involved in the development of new technologies
At Elvesys, we like: People of action, creative people, autonomous people, curious people, team players. People who do more than talk, people who are demanding of themselves but who take care of those around them. Those who question themselves, those who want an intense and contrasting life, those who bring pastries for the team.
A recruitment process that goes by quickly:
Happiness questionnaire to join the tribe - Cultural call mindset - Interview with your future managers - On-site visit (COVID-safe) - Welcome !
In order to apply for this job, please indicate : “I want to join the tribe” in your message
Job type : 26-month year fixed term contract (CDD)
Where : Paris 11eme, Charonne
Elvesys - Elveflow
¿Te interesa esta oferta?
- Compartir en LinkedIn
- Compartir en Facebook
- Compartir en Twitter