- Medio ambiente/Desarrollo sostenible, Economía colaborativa, Comercio electrónico
- Entre 250 y 2000 empleados
DataBase Engineer - Open to Remote
- Formación: No especificado
- Experiencia: > 5 años
¡El puesto ya ha sido cubierto!
Who are they?
BackMarket is the number one European (and soon global) marketplace specializing in the sale of fully refurbished tech devices.
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of more than 650, powering operations in 16 countries (and counting!).
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised $884 million, with a valuation of $5.7 billion. Our mission is simple: empowering people to buy tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact.
Be part of a great and growing adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.
About the team :
The Platform Development Team’s mission is to improve global developers’ experience at Back Market: we identify transverse topics that need extra love and care and develop software, services, and tooling so that feature teams can focus on their specific business perimeter. Our projects may vary from building a new performance tracking service, improving the CI or the CD, building common ground rules for JS bundling optimization, syncing efforts on new data architecture, developing or standardizing a Feature Flag service. Our team is composed of talented engineers with diverse skills and backgrounds such as backend or frontend development, ops, or database.
As engineers, we try our best to stick to some simple principles:
- keep things as simple as possible,
- improve overall resiliency and security of the platform,
- improve and guarantee consistency across teams,
- document technical and architectural decisions.
About the Job :
As a Database Engineer in our team, you will help us to transition from a monolithic database to a herd of smaller microservices datastores. Resilience and scalability will be your mantra. From a technology perspective, you will be operating MySQL and PostgreSQL clusters in a Cloud Native environment. You’ll work closely with infrastructure, SRE, or security teams as well as with chapter leads and your work will have a major impact on the scaling and evolution of our platform.
Architecture & Technologies :
What you will bring to the team :
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, #remote friendly company, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
BackMarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
¿Te interesa esta oferta?
- Compartir en LinkedIn
- Compartir en Facebook
- Compartir en Twitter