Year of Founding2014
Gender Breakdown40 %60 %
Average Age29 years old
Founded in November 2014, Back Market is the number one European (and soon global) marketplace specializing in the sale of fully refurbished tech devices.
Their concept is simple but radical. By helping their customers discover and purchase the highest quality refurbished electronics they are creating an alternative to the mainstream behavior of always purchasing new products. Prolonging the lives of these devices has a significant global impact. E-Waste accounts for 70% of all our toxic waste! By prolonging the lives of kitchen appliances, computers, mobile devices and more, they have already saved 3,766 tonnes of e.waste since 2014 💪
What are they looking for in each candidate? People that are kind, conscientious, have a great sense of humor, and a lot of zeal. A love for pet rabbits helps too!
Are you ready to find out why their corporate values lead with SABOTAGE 😉!?
- Connect and learn from their founders and your peers with the Monday brief (weekly)/ the Some hands (monthly)/ the All hands (biannually)
- Have the flexibility to work remotely (up to 2 days a week)
- Stay active at the office with yoga, cardio training, cardio-boxing, Basketball, ping-pong 🏓, WednesDIY (potery, embroidery…) and Watcheat 🎞🍔 (every month they enjoy one meal and a movie together).
- Your work will help educate and persuade consumers to give a second life to electronics instead of buying new ones, by ensuring there is no more factual reason to buy new!
- Join the Back Market team in their fight against planned obsolescence. From 3 founders 5 years ago to now, they have grown to be more than 300 people strong across 4 different offices, and serve 8 different countries (soon to be many more)! Check them out today in France, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Germany, England, Austria and the US. Boom💥
- 12 days of "RTT" per year for everyone
- Parental Act : a full paid one month parental leave for the second parent
Preguntas y respuestas sobre Back Market