Search Engine Developer M/F
Táto pozícia bola obsadená!
Who are they?
Rakuten was established in 1997 in Japan and is at the origin of the marketplace concept.
Today, as an international Tech group, Rakuten is an ecosystem composed of 80 entities issued from e-commerce, content production, Fintech or communication such as Rakuten Viber, Rakuten Kobo, Rakuten TV… just to name a few.
With more than 25,000 people in more than 30 countries around the world, Rakuten is one of the top 5 global e-commerce platforms with a business volume of $172 billion and a community of more than 1.5 billion members.
Rencontrez Marion, Talent Acquisition & Development Manager
The search platform team provides some of the most important touch points for our e-commerce customers. We strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and the richness of functionalities to provide the most amazing user experience. To do so, we continuously consume and learn from large-scale data sets as well as deliver some of the largest distributed systems deployments in the company.
We are looking for talented, passionate and action oriented individuals to challenge what existing Search technologies can do & going beyond. With understanding of latest technologies and trends, you will utilize your experience to solve complex difficult problems to evolve and grow Search Platform.
The search platform team has a diverse portfolio of development activities. Based on your interest, you might also get the opportunity to work on:
- large scale distributed system
- large scale data processing
- core search engine development and information retrieval solutions
- data science
- machine learning
- computational linguistics
The search platform team is looking for Search Engine Developer to join us.
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- As a core member of the team, you will be responsible for design, documentation, implementation and testing of features on the search engine core or its surrounding platform.
- Continuously improve the search experience and relevance by experimenting with new features and algorithms, and measuring their impact.
- Evaluate the performance impact of those new features and algorithms.
- Analyze and understand service specific requirements and needs to create generic solutions to be integrated in the search platform
- Contribute to the technical and product direction of the search platform.
-BS in Computer Science or a related field (M.S. or Ph.D. preferred)
-3+ years of relevant professional experience
-Java programming proficiency, working on production software with a focus on -maintainability and performance
-Very good understanding of algorithms and data structures
-Good understanding of running a large-scale distributed production system
-English : Fluent
-Experience or good understanding of Apache Lucene, Apache Solr, -ElasticSearch, or other similar technologies
-Experience or good understanding of Apache Hadoop, Apache Cassandra, Apache ZooKeeper or other similartechnologies
-Familiarity with Linux, including monitoring and troubleshooting running applications
-Understanding of E-Commerce.