Strategy Analyst (F/H)
- Inteligencia artificial/Aprendizaje automático, Seguros, FinTech/InsurTech
- Entre 50 y 250 empleados
Strategy Analyst (F/H)
¡El puesto ya ha sido cubierto!
Who are they?
Born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations and governments, Descartes was founded in 2018 to change the industry status quo.
Around the world, Descartes Underwriting offers a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against natural catastrophes & climate risks. Unlike traditional insurance, which relies on lengthy loss adjustment procedures, Descartes’ parametric products pay out when a predefined event (i.e. flood, cyclone, earthquake, etc.) occurs as measured by a specified parameter or index.
Descartes’ innovative edge stems from their ability to handle massive new data sources and apply proprietary algorithms that extract value for their clients. The team utilizes machine learning and advanced algorithms to unlock valuable underwriting insights from a wide range of sources, including IoT, satellite imagery, stationary sensors, radar and third party data. Not limited to looking backwards at claims history, they model the underlying phenomenon directly, capturing trends and potential climate change impacts to better protect corporate and public sector clients.
ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. Our diverse team operates out of our global offices headquartered in Paris and based in Singapore, Sydney, New York, Denver, Atlanta, London, and Madrid.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
You will assist the Strategy team, directly working for the CEO, in several key activities. This role is a great opportunity to join a growing team and to explore nearly all facets of a Tech start-up at the forefront of innovation in insurance.STRATEGY DEFINITION
- Contribute to the definition of the Group’s strategy & vision ;
- Coordinate with teams to ensure a swift implementation of the Group’s strategy ;
- Prepare ad-hoc studies (market studies, product benchmark, competitive watch…) at the request of the CEO or the Advisory Committee.
- Contribute to legal, regulatory, administrative and commercial tasks for the CEO ;
- Support the operational ramp-up of Descartes’ Hubs with the regional Heads ;
- Prepare the CEO’s interactions with existing and future shareholders, in particular in the preparation of Advisory Committees or fundraising.
- Conduct the strategic dialogue between the Group and the entities ;
- Assist the Chief of Staff in the preparation of regular meetings (monthly meetings, seminars) in close collaboration with Descartes’ teams ;
- Contribute to miscellaneous projects with the HR, Underwriting, R&D, Business Development & Operations team as-needed.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Completed a master’s degree from a Business/ Engineering school/ University ;
- You have experience in consulting, strategy or finance (M&A, PE, VC) ;
- Previous experience in insurance is valued.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint & Excel ;
- Fluency in French and English (written and verbal communication) required ;
- Eye for quality and attention to detail ;
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis (market sizing, business planning…) ;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Eager to learn more about the insurance industry ;
- Results oriented, high energy, with the ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment ;
- Autonomy and ownership in his / her work ;
- Excellent team player with an entrepreneurial mindset and value of diversity ;
- Ability to take a proactive hands-on approach to solving current and forthcoming problems ;
- Strong desire to learn and commitment to the organization’s mission ;
- Motivated to help improving businesses’ and communities’ resilience to climate change.
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Commitment from Descartes to its staff of continued learning and development (think annual seminars, training etc.) ;
- Work in a collaborative & professional environment ;
- Be part of an international team, passionate about diversity ;
- Benefit from a referral scheme for successfully referring peers ;
- You can benefit from a hybrid work mode.
HOW TO APPLY ?
You may check off several but not necessarily all the expected boxes? Motivation and feeling are key elements for us!
If you want to develop your skills and work in a friendly startup atmosphere, don't hesitate and send us your application! https://www.descartesunderwriting.com/careers/
At Descartes Underwriting, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and for equal opportunities. We foster an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
With equal skills, all our positions are open to people with disabilities.
¿Te interesa esta oferta?
- Añadir a favoritos
- Compartir en LinkedIn
- Compartir en Facebook
- Compartir en Twitter