Staff Software Engineer
- Permanent contract
- FinTech / InsurTech
Staff Software Engineer
- Permanent contract
At Upflow, we’re building the platform revolutionizing how B2B businesses get paid.
Today, most companies are still struggling to collect payments from their customers: hundreds of unpaid invoices, anarchic communications, multiple payment methods. They lose tons of hours on zero value-added tasks, suffer from late payments that hinder their growth, and sometimes simply go bust because of cash flow issues. It’s time for a change.
Upflow is the modern hub to manage all data exchanges, communications, and payments to get paid faster, simpler. We are a product-led organization solving this problem with a tech approach.
We’ve launched in 2018 and are trusted by hundreds of awesome users in the EU & US including Lattice, Front, Triplebyte, Iziwork, Adikteev, Proxyclick, and more. We’re also backed by leading investors (YCombinator, 9yards, eFounders) and top executives business angels from N26, Square, Mercury, Uber, and Netsuite.
We’re a remote-friendly, distributed team across 3 continents and rapidly expanding. Our primary focus is to support our fast growth in the US. Now’s a perfect time to join if you’re looking for an exciting international experience.
For more information, please visit our website www.upflow.io, or check out our product demo here: https://demo.upflow.io
Getting paid on time represents a significant problem for B2B companies. Unlike consumer payments, where we’ve seen massive amounts of innovation in the form of companies like Venmo & Revolut, B2B payments remain archaic, with most of the work being done in spreadsheets and involving significant amounts of back and forth between different stakeholders.
These inefficiencies are extremely problematic for companies, so much so that some go bankrupt because of this - and COVID hasn’t helped! We’re on a mission to fix this, and bring delightful B2C experiences to B2B finance teams in the process.
We launched in 2018 and today are trusted by hundreds of amazing users across the EU & US including Lattice, Front, Triplebyte, Iziwork, Adikteev, Proxyclick and more. We’re also backed by leading investors (YCombinator, 9yards, eFounders) and top BAs from N26, Square, Mercury, Uber and Netsuite.
- Monolithic with the exception of one legacy microservice
- 100% Typescript (mainly strict)
- React, Express, Postgres and Redis (queues)
- Hosted on Heroku. Datadog + Sentry for monitoring.
- 86.48% test coverage on the backend.
- Full continuous delivery averaging 1 deployment / day.
- Simple architecture at the backend (thin model, fat service layer, thin controller), no exotic design patterns (dependency injection…)
What you will do
Your focus will be on being a technical leader within our engineering organization. Your role will be to build high quality products that have a meaningful and measurable impact on people’s working life.
You will do this by leading the entire software development lifecycle, from design through to production for large & complex features across the product. You’ll be expected to not only be able to do this yourself, as a coder, but also to be able to lead others in this endeavour through mentorship, code and architecture review.
In addition, you’ll be lead by example on matters such as ensuring that the system remains stable, available and bug free in the face of continued growth in usage and engineering team headcount.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and are at ease in a very fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- 7+ years of industry experience in software engineering with full-stack web applications.
- Proven track record of designing and building extremely high quality user facing applications.
- Pragmatic approach to engineering that strikes a balance between seamless experiences, beautiful code, maintainability, and time to market.
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code-review culture.
Why join Upflow?
- Work on-site in Paris, 100% remote or something in between.
- Join us at an early stage, most of the work lies ahead of us.
- A great and solid team of hackers and hustlers.
- Hands-off management style. We get out of the way so you can get shit done.
- All you can expect from a great place to work: free lunches, cool offices, top of the range equipment, great healthcare and competitive salary and equity.
- Regular offsites with the team, meetups and strong connections to the startup ecosystem
Meet the team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn