OpenAirlines tech teams are committed to supporting airlines in lowering flight carbon footprint and achieving their ambitions of Net-Zero 2050 by leveraging innovative technologies in our software. Today, thanks to the digital world, machine learning, big data, and artificial intelligence, we can push the boundaries of our imagination to make this happen. Our team brings together a range of complementary profiles to deliver its customers the best possible experience and performance. We work with outstanding: developers, aeronautical data science engineers, product managers, product owners, implementation specialists, support operators, and designers.
Technologies and tools
Organization and methodologies
The OpenAirlines team is working in cross-functional teams with a homemade adaptation of the Shape-up framework. It’s a way for us to: leverage the power of teamwork by involving all collaborators in the projects, gain speed by optimizing workflow and improving outputs, give tech teams more room to innovate and bring technical expertise to projects, and also be even more customer-centric and continuously deliver value to our users.
To reach our challenging objectives, we offer our employees a lot of autonomy and transparency, and no information is under wraps. We promote communication, benevolence, and collaboration to create a pleasant and supportive working environment that empowers all our team members.
Projects and tech challenges
SkyBreathe 360° Platform is an aeronautical data integration and analysis platform for calculating, tracking, and optimizing aircraft fleet fuel consumption. OpenAirlines' data integration chain enables us to integrate on a daily basis large volumes of data from different sources (black box, flight plan, weather, etc.), clean/correct them, consolidate them, and make them available for the various calculations required. This processing is carried out by algorithms and machine learning models to detect and calculate eco-piloting behavior during flights. Once the data has been processed, it is made available in 3 applications
- A web portal for analyzing all data calculated after flights, thanks to our Business Intelligence engine.
- A mobile application for pilots to monitor their eco-piloting performance.
- An in-cockpit mobile application to support pilots in their decision-making during flights.
Above all, we are looking for people who will fit with our values and the rest of our teams, it's just as important to us as technical knowledge!
1) Initial 30-minute discussion with our HR department: the aim is to get to know you as a candidate, and to understand your expectations and the factors that motivate you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about our recruitment process, company, team, and culture.
2) Online technical test.
3) Technical interview with members of the Engineering team: the aim is to assess your technical and human skills in relation to the job requirements.
4) Manager and HR interview: this is a more in-depth interview about your experience and the match between your expectations and those of OpenAirlines.