Technical Community Manager
- Permanent contract
- Software, SaaS / Cloud Services
- From 15 to 50 employees
Technical Community Manager
- Permanent contract
Who are they?
MeiliSearch’s mission is to create a best-in-class search experience for every website and application. They are building a blazingly fast and ultra-relevant search engine made in Rust that allows their partners to have a powerful search engine without configuration. Features such as typo-tolerance, filters, and synonyms are provided out-of-the-box.
They are fully open source: they strongly believe the best way to realize our vision is to leverage the open source community’s power. They already have many integrations and SDKs to allow any developer to try MeiliSearch in their environment quickly. They have a vibrant connection with their community of early adopters and builders. They are in contact every day and eagerly listen to feedback from our contributors.
They raised a €1.5m pre-seed round in May 2020, and are backed by 3 of the best investors in Europe: LocalGlobe, Seedcamp & Kima Ventures. They have already partnered with industry heavyweights like Louis Vuitton and Platform.sh.
About the company
MeiliSearch’s mission is to create a best-in-class search experience for every website and application. We are building a blazingly fast and ultra-relevant search engine made in Rust that allows our partners to have a powerful search engine without initial configuration. Features such as typo-tolerance, filters, and synonyms are provided out-of-the-box.
We are fully open source: we strongly believe the best way to realize our vision is to leverage the open-source community's power. We already have many integrations and SDKs to allow any developer to try MeiliSearch in their environment quickly. We have a vibrant connection with our community of early adopters and builders. We are in contact every day and eagerly listen to feedback from our contributors.
We raised a €1.5m pre-seed round in May 2020, and are backed by 3 of the best investors in Europe: LocalGlobe, Seedcamp, & Kima Ventures. We have already partnered with industry heavyweights like Louis Vuitton and Platform.sh.
We are a team of 24 passionate people and our project is growing fast (+10K GitHub stars in 12 months). To nurture, grow and deliver the best possible experience to our community, we are looking for a Technical Community Manager.
About the team
The overall responsibility of the Developer Relations team is
👉to help the MeiliSearch project to get as much visibility as possible on any relevant media
👉to help craft a welcoming open-source community that encourages developer success
👉to make sure all feedback from our community is accurately communicated to and addressed by the other teams
The team works very closely with the Technical Writing team regarding content creation and technical documentation.
What you’ll be doing
As a Technical Community Manager, you will design the journey of our community members and engage with them through routine or one-off activities. Your role will include:
👉Strengthening and scaling MeiliSearch tech community through education, moderation, and various community initiatives,
👉Owning our overall community vision and designing a meaningful journey for our community members,
👉Interacting with our community members wherever they are (Slack, GitHub, social media, Stack Overflow, Reddit...),
👉Driving and coordinating community feedback to support the relevance of the product roadmap,
👉Identifying areas of optimization, setting community best practices, and communicating these across MeiliSearch teams,
👉Pointing the Developer Relations team towards interesting community initiatives,
👉Owning our social media accounts, building our presence, setting goals aligned with our target audience, and running our strategy,
👉Owning our newsletter, building its audience, and editing its content,
👉Monitoring progress & health of the community.
As a MeiliSearch DevRel team member, you will also participate in improving the developer experience.
Our ideal profile
You are a quick learner with a natural curiosity about technology. You have previous experience in a tech ecosystem, ideally as a former software developer.
Your fit with our team is as important to us as your background, if not more so. We are looking for someone with these important soft skills:
- Outstanding communication skills. You have fantastic interpersonal skills and are comfortable discussing with individuals and large groups.
- Empathy, judgment, and tact. You can talk with developers, understand their problems and answer accordingly.
- Strong organizational skills. You can plan, manage your time and communicate to deliver projects.
- Creative. You imagine "out-of-the-box" approaches to nurture large online communities.
- High-energy individual. You have a positive attitude.
- Tech-savvy. You thrive in a highly technical environment.
- 1-2 years of experience building community across some of the following channels: Slack, Twitter, Discord, Stack Overflow, Reddit.
- Native English speaker, or equivalent. Your writing is simple, concise and enjoyable.
- Strong social presence and experience running social media. You share posts that resonate with the audience and understand the subtleties that distinguish true personas from anonymous corporate accounts.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience managing a community and launching community initiatives.
- Previous experience in a marketing role and/or in the tech industry.
- Experience working on open source projects. You understand that collaboration is critical in the open-source ecosystem.
Why you'll enjoy working with us
- Add to favorites
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn