Kard is the leading pocket money app for teens and their parents in France, on a mission to bring teens and parents closer together while improving the financial future of the next generations. We offer families an all-in-one pocket money app designed to help parents raise kids to be financially smart. It includes a debit card for kids, and 2 companion apps: 1 for kids, 1 for parents.
The importance of financial literacy is underestimated. In fact, people become victims of not forming healthy financial habits, and can struggle for life: 60% of French people get in overdraft at least once a year, and 21% every month. 80% of French people believe they have an average or low level of financial knowledge. Schools don’t teach kids about money, families very rarely talk about it, and traditional banks never really cared about teens and offer them the same products they offer to everyone else.
Kard aims to remedy the problem by enabling kids to start their financial journey, learn about money, spending and saving at an earlier age, while having the means to do the things they want with ease and flexibility. We offer the most convenient and secure way for parents to manage their teen’s pocket money while helping them grow up.
Founded in 2019 by Amine Bounjou and Scott Gordon, Kard is today the market leader for kids’ banking in France with more than 150K users, and has raised a total of more than €10m with world-class investors and fintech experts.
But we are only getting started. Today, only 10% of teens have a bank account. Our ambition is to build THE financial services platform for families and serve millions of them around the world. This is the time to join us!
What we’re looking for is track-record of achievement, and enthusiasm about reshaping an industry that has forgotten its customers for too long.
We have a set of cultural values that translate into how we work:
- We are forever young: we are deep believers in the new generations and their ability to shape a better future
- We believe in magic: nothing is impossible, we tackle big challenges with ambition and learn every day
- We do things right: we are transparent with our customers, our partners and with each other
At Kard, we put every effort to offer the team an exciting and stimulating work environment, helping everyone at Kard to succeed. We offer a great package including:
- Competitive salary, along with equity
- Remote-friendly policy
- Amazing offices in the center of Paris (pet-friendly!) with free drinks and snacks
- Top of the range equipment: MacBook, Bose noise-cancelling Headphones
- Special parenthood policy, we have joined the Parental Act
- A great healthcare program (Alan, 50% coverage)
- Swile Kard for lunch (50% coverage)
- Navigo (50% coverage)
- Team events
- Swag: Kard fashion clothes & swag