- Environnement / Développement durable, Fondation, ONG
- Entre 50 et 250 salariés
SBTi FLAG Project Officer
- CDD / Temporaire (12 mois)
- Télétravail partiel possible
- Éducation : Bac +5 / Master
- Expérience : > 2 ans
Cette offre a été pourvue !
Qui sont-ils ?
About the SBTi:
The Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) is a global body enabling businesses to set ambitious emissions reductions targets in line with the latest climate science. It is focused on accelerating companies across the world to halve emissions before 2030 and achieve net-zero emissions before 2050.
The initiative is a collaboration between CDP, the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), World Resources Institute (WRI) and the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and one of the We Mean Business Coalition commitments. The SBTi defines and promotes best practice in science-based target setting, offers resources and guidance to reduce barriers to adoption, and independently assesses and approves companies’ targets. For more information please visit www.sciencebasedtargets.org.
Descriptif du poste
The SBTi is looking for a Project Officer who will assist with the daily activities of the SBTi FLAG (Forest, Land and Agriculture) Team. This will be a key role that will assist the AFOLU (Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use) Project Lead in management and coordination activities under this sectoral work, serve as the connection between the FLAG team and the Target Validation team, and provide support with queries management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing operational and project coordination support in the work of the AFOLU sector under SBTi (e.g. support the coordination of meetings, internal materials and workshops as needed for SBTi’s land sector work);
- Providing support in responding to various internal requests, especially on the interface of the FLAG team and the target validation team; support with FLAG target validations as requested by the AFOLU lead.
- Support the AFOLU Project lead with technical development activities such as (e.g. conducting exploratory research and reviewing reports);
- Support the development of sector specific resources for use externally and internally, including presentations, validation resources, etc.
- Manage the FLAG queries, including both technical and logistical queries and responses;
- Support the maintenance of FLAG-FAQs and knowledge base for internal and external questions;
- Supporting the implementation of the internal knowledge management system across SBTi that ensures the use of SBTi FLAG materials efficiently;
- Other duties as assigned.
You are a fast learner and innovative professional interested in climate change and working with companies, particularly in the AFOLU sector. You have strong organizational and communication skills that allow you to coordinate multiple ongoing workstreams. You enjoy working in an international organization and you are not afraid to challenge yourself by understanding new processes, protocols and technical issues, including helping colleagues and stakeholders through them.
Essential skills and experience needed:
- 2 to 3 years of previous experience, with preference in the areas of environmental accounting, reporting, and project management; ;
- Relevant Master’s degree in relevant topics such as forestry/agriculture, environmental management/ sustainability or related degree with relevant previous experience;
- Good knowledge of the AFOLU Sector, GHG accounting and reporting principles;
- Enjoys working in and understands the complexity of an international and multicultural remote work environment;
- High MS Office proficiency, in particular MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Highly organized, fast learner, and proactive with good project management and communications skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; Spanish, French or any other language considered an asset.
This is a full-time role based in France The salary for this role will be dependent on location and level of experience. This role is a fixed-term contract for 12 months with the possibility of extension.
Interested candidates should be legally allowed to work in the countries specified. The SBTi cannot sponsor any working visas.
Déroulement des entretiens
SBTi is an equal opportunity employer - committed to building an inclusive workplace and diverse staff, where all can thrive. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from candidates of all identities and backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.