- Banque, IT / Digital, FinTech / InsurTech
- Entre 50 et 250 salariés
Legal Regulatory Officer
- Éducation : Non spécifié
- Expérience : Non spécifié
Who are they?
Swan, a European fintech company, is the easiest way to add banking features to your product. This can be called “Banking-as-a-Service” or “Embedded finance”. We built Swan so that anyone company can start embedding banking features within just minutes of visiting our website. Swan is truly fast and easy to use.
Swan already has 60 customers across 10 European countries, large enterprise and startups alike. They include Carrefour, Pennylane, Alma, and Ride.Capital. We’re on track to take things much, much further, by embarking on Europe — localizing our product, and internationalizing our team and partner portfolio.
Swan has received 21M€ funding from VCs like Accel and Creandum. We’re a Mastercard principal member and a licensed financial institution, passported across Europe.
We have a hybrid remote-work policy, with 100+ Swanees across offices in Paris, Berlin, with Barcelona on the way! Wherever you’re coming from, come as you are! We’re open to all kinds of people, from all walks of life. If you’re excited about joining a European fintech adventure, Swan is the way!
Swan is looking for a Legal Banking Officer to join the Compliance team and help us strengthen our legal set-up on banking regulation to make it rock solid.
Our compliance team keep our banking features safe and secure, and always have to think about the best way to combine multiple areas: business, legal, regulatory, customer support, and more. Swan is both a technology company and a financial services company, and our Compliance team makes these pieces fit together!
✨ Your mission:
- Draft, maintain and constantly improve our partnership contracts for our partners who build great products with our APIs.
- Draft, maintain, and constantly improve our specific and general terms & conditions for our users who trust us with their money and their payments.
- Advise management and Swan’s teams on all legal topics regarding banking & payments law.
- Lead contract discussions with our partners, our providers, and all relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct and participate in all legal-related projects, such as expanding in Europe, building new product features, etc.
- Be the owner of data protection arrangements in Swan.
✨ You’re a great match if:
- You have a master’s degree in law, preferably banking law
- You have 2-3 years of experience as a legal officer, ideally in a financial institution
- You have a good knowledge of regulatory law
- You’re a great lawyer in general and you are knowledgeable in all areas of law; not only banking but also other areas of public and private law
- You have an experience in an international / European environment
- You have excellent working abilities in French and English
- Our ideal teammate: Empathetic. Skilled. Frank. We love to challenge each other, and we leave our egos at the door.
It’s okay if you don’t tick all the boxes — don’t let imposture syndrome prevent you from applying! 🙌
✨ Perks of being a Swanee:
- ESOP packages available 😊
- Flexible remote policy, ask us about it!
- The best health insurance: Alan 🦭
- Swan encourages you to have fun staying fit, thanks to partnerships with Classpass & Gymlib.
- We respect your lunch break. Mid-day free-time is sacred and our French office even provides a Swile card to cover your meal on work days. 🥪
- Twice a year we go somewhere gorgeous (a chateau, a mountain) where we reconnect, deep-dive into big topics, and relax.
- This isn’t a perk, it should be the rule, but diversity and inclusion are important at Swan. We’re working hard to get better every day.
✨ Our values:
Be human: Be straightforward, transparent, and sincerely care. It’s all about integrity and doing the right thing.
Ambition: We’re in this for the long game. We want to transform the entire market, and be the engine for Europe’s next tech champions!
Collaboration: We believe in the power of collective intelligence. We love to challenge others’ ideas and be challenged in return. May the best ideas win.
“Move fast, don’t break things”: If we must choose between security and going fast, we choose security. We are in banking, after all.
Make everything simple: Simplicity.
- A 30-min video call with Amélie, our Talent Acquisition Manager, to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- An interview with Adrien, our Lead Compliance
- Meet the compliance team
- An interview with Stephie, our Chief Compliance Officer