- Banque, IT / Digital, FinTech / InsurTech
- Entre 50 et 250 salariés
Engineering Manager - Team Payment
- Télétravail partiel possible
- Éducation : Non spécifié
- Expérience : Non spécifié
Who are they?
Swan, a European fintech company, is the easiest way to add banking features to your product. This can be called “Banking-as-a-Service” or “Embedded finance”. We built Swan so that anyone company can start embedding banking features within just minutes of visiting our website. Swan is truly fast and easy to use.
Swan already has 60 customers across 10 European countries, large enterprise and startups alike. They include Carrefour, Pennylane, Alma, and Ride.Capital. We’re on track to take things much, much further, by embarking on Europe — localizing our product, and internationalizing our team and partner portfolio.
Swan has received 21M€ funding from VCs like Accel and Creandum. We’re a Mastercard principal member and a licensed financial institution, passported across Europe.
We have a hybrid remote-work policy, with 100+ Swanees across offices in Paris, Berlin, with Barcelona on the way! Wherever you’re coming from, come as you are! We’re open to all kinds of people, from all walks of life. If you’re excited about joining a European fintech adventure, Swan is the way!
Swan is looking for a Lead Manager to join its tech team of 30+ people. The Engineering team is by far the largest at Swan. This team includes Software developers, who build payments and end-customer applications, as well as Infrastructure, DevOps, and Security.
Swan has a diverse team of engineers from all over the place. Co-building is at the heart of the way we work. We believe in challenging each other. Being frank, but empathetic is the best way to get things done! It’s also more fun.
✨ Your mission:
- 50% of your time, you will manage a team / team management responsabilities (4-5 people)
- 50% of your time, you will be technically responsible for several projects
- You will have the opportunity to solve problems in one of the most demanding IT domains with a reactive architecture
- You will design with the product team the bank via API
- You will improve the performance of a system with a rapidly growing load
- You will ensure the respect of the architecture rules and of the automated tests
Our technical environment
- Kotlin & Scala (JVM)
Engineers at Swan are not here to get orders and just start coding, they’re here to co-build. To get heavily involved with the product. Swan’s devs collaborate heavily with the product team and are always proposing ideas and challenging what’s doable.
We follow a methodology that’s similar to “Shape up”:
3-week cycles: Co-building is central to how we work. Each month, the product and engineering teams work together to plan goals and develop specifications for the next 3 weeks. During these weeks, we do our best to reach goals, all while planning and designing projects for the next cycle.
1-week cooldown: After a cycle of building, it’s cooldown week. We use this time to take care of the remaining tasks and improve tools and processes.
Swan makes it extremely easy for anyone to embed banking features, whether they’re a dev or an entrepreneur (or both). It’s exciting to build a bank that can be integrated by anyone! We’d love for Swan to become the reflex for European engineers who want to build something with banking and payments.
The banking domain is a fascinating and challenging place to grow your skills. It’s state-of-the-art and covers everything you’ve learned at school: security, consistency, and scalability, but building a “bank” is a lot different from building another type of startup. In banking, you can’t afford to have little bugs (imagine messing up someone’s account statement). That’s why Swan puts security and robustness first and foremost. Join Swan and you’ll be pushed to reach the highest standards of quality and precision.Your mission:
✨ You’re a great match if:
- Experience: More than 5/7 years of experience as a Senior Software Developer or Lead Manager
- Skills: Very good knowledge of JVM language (Kotlin, Scala or Java)
- Familiar with automated testing and continuous integration
- Experience in distributed systems or micro-service architecture
- Ideally a good knowledge of GraphQL, Kafka and Akka
- Interest in functional programming
- An interest for open source
- A good culture of technology trends (news, meetups…)
- Languages: Good working abilities in English
- Our ideal teammate: Sociable. Skilled. Empathetic. Frank. We love to challenge each other, and we leave our egos at the door**
It’s okay if you don’t tick all the boxes — don’t let imposture syndrome prevent you from applying! 🙌
✨ Perks of being a Swanee:
- ESOP packages available 😊
- Flexible remote policy, ask us about it!
- The best health insurance: Alan 🦭
- Swan encourages you to have fun staying fit, thanks to partnerships with Classpass & Gymlib.
- We respect your lunch break. Mid-day free-time is sacred and our French office even provides a Swile card to cover your meal on work days. 🥪
- Twice a year we go somewhere gorgeous (a chateau, a mountain) where we reconnect, deep-dive into big topics, and relax.
- This isn’t a perk, it should be the rule, but diversity and inclusion are important at Swan. We’re working hard to get better every day.
✨ Our values:
Be human: Be straightforward, transparent, and sincerely care. It’s all about integrity and doing the right thing.
Ambition: We’re in this for the long game. We want to transform the entire market, and be the engine for Europe’s next tech champions!
Collaboration: We believe in the power of collective intelligence. We love to challenge others’ ideas and be challenged in return. May the best ideas win.
“Move fast, don’t break things”: If we must choose between security and going fast, we choose security. We are in banking, after all.
Make everything simple: simplicity.
- A 30-min video call with our Talent Acquisition Manager, to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- A technical test and an interview with a Lead Manager
- A Design System with a Lead Manager
- Last interview with our CTO