- Logistique, SaaS / Cloud Services, E-commerce, AdTech / MarTech
- Entre 50 et 250 salariés
Product full-stack developer (Ruby on Rails - React.js)
- Début :
- Salaire entre 45K € et 65K €
- Télétravail total possible
- Éducation : Non spécifié
- Expérience : > 1 an
Who are they?
- Based in: Paris or full-remote position (1-hour difference from Paris timezone)
- Contract: Full-time permanent contract
- Manager: Charles, Engineering Manager
- Team: Engineering, online-shopper squad
- Start date: from September to January 2022
- Budget: from 45 to 65k€
Shipup is a 50+ people company that envisions a world where brands keep their promises along the entire customer journey.
That’s why we enable brands to take control over the most volatile part of the customer experience —the post-purchase— so they increase brand loyalty and save support costs
- ✊ Ownership
We choose to be here and to do what we do. We are responsible for our objectives and for the output of our work.
- 💡 Initiative
Taking action without direction from above to improve our knowledge and come up with solutions to problems. Initiative is a key reason for success, and places an obligation not to stifle it.
- 👨👦 Empowerment
We encourage those below us to take action and support them if they make mistakes. We explain what we want accomplished and allow flexibility in how it is accomplished.
- 🧸 Caring
Being concerned about our co workers, our customers and the customers of our customers.
- 🏋️ Ambition
Always seeing bigger and having a strong desire and determination to succeed.
At Shipup, we enjoy working with humble engineers who seek to work in a learning, collaborative and friendly environment.
Our developers come from diverse education backgrounds and know how to use & adapt their tools according to the challenges. They do care and are proud of how they do their stuff but also why.
They enjoy contributing to the company & product activities that allow them to make an impact beyond the code itself.
🛍 As a Full-stack engineer @Shipup
Today, we’re looking for a Full-stack engineer whose main missions will be to :
- Build new product features
- Optimize our current platform (code, test, scalability)
- Onboard new clients, integrate new e-commerce platforms and carriers
Depending on your progress, you will be able to grow as an expert or a manager. Our level criteria are organized into two major sections: scope & impact and behaviors.
- You’ll help us scale Shipup as a mission critical tool for online retailers to offer best-in-class post-purchase experience to their millions of customers.
- You’ll build new product features from start to finish : through conception, research, documentation, maintenance, and polish.
- You’ll build improvements to performance, reliability.
- You’ll work on key initiatives to keep our system elegant and productivity high — such as improving our code, monitoring and infrastructure and building out our testing framework.
- You’ll build and improve processes and internal tools with simplicity and productivity in mind.
🙌 Our team
This team is divided into two squads :
- Online-shopper perceived value : this squad has the ownership of all features that are directly dedicated to end-customers. Squad members will focus on features for which the benefits are mainly perceived by / or directed towards the latter.
- Merchant perceived value : this squad has the ownership of all features that benefit directly the Merchants. Squad members will focus on providing our merchant’s operations and CS teams with the tools and resources they need to be successful.
👩💻 Organization & How the team works
Our Tech & Product team relies on a robust framework, which allows developers to work on the projects that are most valuable to our customers and also considers the technical evolutions necessary for the good health and maintainability of the product.
- Multidisciplinary teams following the squad philosophy : get one Lead Developer, one Product Manager and one Product Designer in each team
- Good & recognized development practices: review groups, pair-programming, continuous delivery, slack time, extensive documentations…
- Quarterly roadmap executed in 2 weeks sprints with integrated feedback loops
- On-call process : each week, a different member of the team has to take care of the application monitoring as well as customer requests and issues. It’s a great opportunity to be closer to the end-user and collaborate with other Shipup teams.
👩💻 Our stack
- Ruby on Rails and Go backend
- React (ES6 + Webpack + Redux) frontend
- Hosted on GCP
- Datadog, LogDNA, Sentry for monitoring
- Monolithic infrastructure + introduction of microservices (for about a year, 3 services today)
- PostgreSQL + Elasticsearch + RabbitMQ + Redis for storage
- Kubernetes + Docker for ops
- Asana, project management tool
- Slack, messaging platform
- Notion, documentation platform
- PayFit, payroll & compliance for french talents
- Lattice, people success platform
- Deel, payroll & compliance for international talents
🌟 You could be a good fit if
- You’ve at least 1 year of experience on a product experiencing rapid-growth — your work is well-crafted and well-tested for scale.
- You can readily learn most technologies as you go. To you, technologies are about tools and tradeoffs, not an ideology.
- You care about the business implications of anything you build. You’re not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You have backend and infrastructure experience — though you’d still consider yourself full-stack.
Nice to have
- You’re fluent with Ruby and React
☎️ 45min l Screening interview with Quentin, our Talent Acquisition Manager
To better understand your career plan and answer any of your questions
📝 01:30 l Technical test @Home
To get a quick overview of your hard skills
👀 02:00 l Algo & API interviews
To evaluate your hard skills
🤝 01:00 l Top grading interview
To understand your career story and evaluate your position related soft skills
😂 Drinks or lunch with the team
To ensure that you will be in line with our values and culture
What you’ll get 👐
🌍 International : we acknowledge our differences and celebrate them. D&I in our place of work is something we require every employee to champion.
🧸 People-centric company : our people matter, work-life balance is important at Shipup. Our employees talk about it here.
🗃 Startup spirit & structured environment: a fast-paced environment, where there is a lot to learn but, at the same time, you are in a mature, organized environment with a clear product vision
📚 Career growth : talent management is essential for us. From onboarding and performance management to career development, we have already a mature organization and the managers to help you grow
🧠 Seniority : our team is mostly composed of senior talents, ideal for learning and growing quickly
💰Attractive salary : salary, multiple benefits (meal vouchers, coffees, transportation, health insurance…), sponsorship, relocation package, internal events and offsites
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - that’s okay, nobody’s perfect! We believe in hiring people, not just skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Shipup is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Partager sur Linkedin
- Partager sur Facebook
- Partager sur Twitter