Software Engineer - Baremetal
Software Engineer - Baremetal
Cette offre a été pourvue !
Powered by talented and passionate people working hard on democratizing the cloud, Scaleway, leading alternative European infrastructure and platform as-a-service provider, is a multicultural company, rapidly growing into a global brand. We are present in 160 countries, with more than 350+ employees of 18 nationalities.
We are a cloud computing pioneer delivering the innovative capabilities of modern multi-cloud, covering a full spectrum of services for professionals: public cloud services with Scaleway Elements, private infrastructures and colocation with Scaleway Datacenter and Bare Metal infrastructures with Scaleway Dedibox.
Our organization encourages responsibility, autonomy, commitment and thought leadership from our collaborators. Our premises are open spaces, conducive to exchange and interaction between individuals.
We believe it is our responsibility to be a positive force in society and to collectively design the cloud that makes sense. We want to increase access to the digital and technology industry. As our business scales, the customers we serve are increasingly diverse and global. Giving them an unbeatable experience is central to our business strategy. To better understand our customers and partners, we need a workforce that’s as diverse as they are.
About the job
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Bare Metal team. The scope goes from the console and API of our dedicated servers Dedibox to our new product Bare Metal as-a-Service (aka BMaaS). You will be in charge of the Maintenance in Operational Condition of our Dedibox solution, and of R&D for the new BMaaS solution.
Are you ready to define and strengthen cloud services that will make developers’ lives easier and improve their efficiency ?
This is a unique opportunity to join Scaleway and help scale the ecosystem of our core cloud products.
You will be part of the Bare Metal team, where we have various backgrounds and a wide range of skills. Every team member shares their knowledge, so that everyone can improve their skills in all areas, languages, architectures, etc. In return, be prepared to do the same :)
- Languages: Go or PHP/Symfony
- API: REST
- Databases: MySQL, Postgresql
- Notion of queuing: RabbitMQ
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana.
- Peer reviews
- Team spirit and mutual aid
- Written and oral communication skills
- Autonomy and rigour
- Languages: Go and PHP/Symfony
- API: gRPC, REST
- Container orchestration: Nomad, Kubernetes
- OS: GNU/Linux Debian & Ubuntu, CentOS, ESXi, Windows Server…
- Very good command of English
- Knowledge of the Bare Metal and Cloud ecosystems
- Teamwork on features, design, and implementation
- Agile methods
- Work on a solution that was built in-house, from the ground up. You will never be alone and will work side by side with experts on the platform
- Review code contributed by other team members
- Find the right balance between elegance and time-to-market for our solutions
- We’re neither dogmatic nor kludgy, and our framework should reflect that
- Collaborate with colleagues from other areas: SREs, Platform team, front-end developers, customer success technicians, compliance officers, database experts, internal helpdesk, trust and safety team, sales, bookkeepers, internal auditors
- Manage products, users, offers
- Optimize systems for performance, scalability, resiliency and maintainability
- Automate the production of insights from the trove of data we are sitting on
- Give back to the community by contributing to open-source projects
- Use the internal platform solutions (queuing, monitoring, …)
This position can be either:
- Based in our offices in Paris or Lille (France), fully remote is possible
- Fully remote worldwide
We treat every candidate equally in our recruitment process. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the job’s requirements, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you would be a good fit!
Questions about this job? Nathalie Tourbay, our Recruitment Team Lead, would be happy to answer your questions.
👉One of Scaleway’s values is #singularity, and we’re looking for unique people to join us.
If you like what you read, and you’ve got a story to tell, we’d love to hear from you.
Scaleway, leading alternative European infrastructure and platform as-a-service provider (IaaS and PaaS), is catering to the global market with the essential mix of cloud computing resources that is flexible, cost effective, reliable, secure and sustainably powered. We are one of the few French and European stakeholders to have full ownership over our projects, with no dependence on three levels: data center design and operation, hardware/software infrastructure, IaaS and PaaS.
We are present in 160 countries, with more than 380 employees representing 19 nationalities.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, disability, age, or veteran status.
Find out more about working with us on Scaleway’s Career Page.
Meet the team
- Ajouter aux favoris
- Partager sur Twitter
- Partager sur Facebook
- Partager sur Linkedin