Senior Firmware Engineer
Who are they?
GoPro France is a research and development center in charge of everything related to image, from the camera part to the processing chip, including smartphone software.
Our goal for next generation cameras is to keep improving the best image quality on the market and to make them smarter, capable of analyzing the current scene, its context and the user’s intent to automatically take decisions for a seamless user experience from capture to sharing videos with friends. New ways of capturing the moment emerge, such as 360 cameras.
These technologies offer yet unexplored opportunities but offer new challenges in image quality and computer vision that need to be tackled to allow a wider public adoption.
Rencontrez Jean Baptiste, Director, Software Engineering
Location: Flexible (Paris - Issy-les-Moulineaux) - This role requires proximity to an office location in France with the flexibility to work from home.
GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From São Paulo to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
GoPro delivers a set of world-class, cross platform, video editing applications on iOS, Android, MacOS and Windows that are collectively used by millions of people each month. These tools enable users to easily build incredible videos of their life events and share them with their family and friends.
Within the Camera Technology Team, you will join a team of experts in embedded software development and evolve in an innovative, dynamic, passionate and international environment. You will be involved in the design, development, optimization and testing of many innovative disruptive features targeted for future releases of GoPro products.
What You Will Do
- Your main activities will deal with design, architecture, implementation, integration, optimization and validation of technical features on versatile and heterogeneous platforms.
- You will have to apprehend the entire SoC components (DsP, CPUs, CNN, IPs, encoder…) to integrate new features.
- You will handle non-regression and testing proficiency all along the development life.
- Working directly with algorithms team, you will prototype new features on various platforms for internal proof of embeddability or for demonstrating the value of the proposal to the marketing team.
- You will evolve within a cross functional team organization to bring-up innovations as a real camera product.
- You are expected to be a technical animator.
Skills We’re Stoked About
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 4+ years of significant embedded software development and integration
- Technical English and French practice
- Good interpersonal skills, team player
- Deep knowledge and understanding on embedded system (software and hardware architecture)
- Git is your friend
- Low-level C and C++
- Object-oriented programing experience
- Scripting languages (shell and Python at least)
- Linux and GNU tools are your daily working environment.
- Cross-development tools (compilation and debug)
- As a plus:
- SIMD like NEON for ARM
- DSP / CNN programming
- GPU OpenGL / OpenCL programming
- Technical Imaging knowledges
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by GoPro)
- Competitive salary and discretionary performance-related bonus
- Subsidized lunch and snacks galore
- Gym fee compensation
- Transit benefit – 50% of the applicable public transportation pass
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more.
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#flexible #LI-Hybrid #LI-ST1
Cette offre vous tente ?
D'autres offres de Recherche / R&D
Ces offres peuvent vous intéresser !Voir toutes les offres