Glose | Medium
- Bac +3
- > 3 ans
Glose | Medium
- Application mobile, E-commerce, EdTech, Média
- Bac +3
- > 3 ans
Créée en 2014, la mission de Glose est de créer le futur de la lecture et du partage des savoirs.
Glose a été acquise en 2021 par Medium, la plateforme unique de lecture et d’écriture basée à San Francisco.
Glose est l’application qui rend la lecture plus sociale, plus efficace et plus fun. Sur web et mobile, Glose permet de découvrir, lire, surligner et annoter les passages de milliers de livres numériques et d’échanger avec une communauté de lecteurs.
Medium est une plateforme de création et de diffusion de contenus digitaux où chaque auteur peut exprimer ses idées sous la forme d’articles à destination de tous les internautes du monde entier.
Experts dans leurs missions respectives, l’objectif de Glose et de Medium est de créer LE site le plus enrichissant du web, où lecteurs, auteurs et spécialistes se rencontrent, lisent, échangent et partagent leurs expériences.
Descriptif du poste
We are looking for a Product Designer for our Books team to lead the brand-new Books initiative at Medium with exceptional design vision and craftsmanship, who can execute in a fast-paced environment. Medium is expanding into books, aiming to be the best platform for reading and writing, whether it’s a short blog post or a full-length book.
You will collaborate with PM and engineering peers to develop a vision for Medium Books and work with the team to execute on that vision.
This is an impactful role with the opportunity to collaboratively shape how millions of people discover and share ideas every day. This role will help shape the future of Medium.
What you’ll do
- Envision and execute design for the product experience, from high-level user journeys and concept work to detailed interactions, flows, and visual design.
- Partner closely with engineering, product, and editorial teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Lead design projects across the end-to-end books experience on Medium and multiple product launches. You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Evaluate the success of existing products and features, and develop designs to support business objectives.
- Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Work in an international environment (engineers in France, designers & editorial team in the US)
Who you are
- You have 3 years of digital product design experience. Digital media and/or editorial experience is a plus.
- You love big sweeping ideas but also enjoy the details. From product ideation and system thinking to kerning and grids, you demonstrate a capacity and enthusiasm for the spectrum of design.
- You have demonstrated experience leading the design process from start to finish. Whether creating a research plan, brainstorming, creating wireframes, crafting detailed UI/UX, prototyping, or just building a Powerpoint, you feel comfortable using a variety of methods and tools to go from idea to reality, bringing others along with you through the process.
- You have experience designing experiments — you know how to use hypotheses to drive solutions and apply qualitative and quantitative data to make design decisions.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and have shown an ability to bring clarity and structure to a complex system or user experience challenge.
- You have strong visual awareness and sensibilities.
- You’re a great communicator who can design frameworks to help us find opportunities, brainstorm and illustrate concepts, and effectively tell the stories of your ideas.
- You thrive when you’re working with a small team in an ever-changing environment. You are confident, willing to learn, and want to collaborate with others to design world-class experiences.
Déroulement des entretiens
If you apply for a position in our team, you will undergo a 4 stage interview process:
- Resume and motivation screening: this is to know who you are and what you have achieved.
- Technical challenge at home: and then to build a small product. This is to show us how you you build things.
- Scientific challenge in our office: you will be asked to solve more abstract problems live with our team. This is to see how you think. And also to debrief on what you build.
- Personal meeting: this is to understand who you are and what you want –and to explain more of our culture. This is more personal. We don’t recruit to fill fixed positions. We recruit to add extraordinary individuals to our team. Individuals who want to expand, improve, take responsibility in building great things.
Throughout all this process, our obsession is to help you succeed, and get a good feel for the work we do and the team we are.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you.
- Ajouter aux favoris
- Partager sur Twitter
- Partager sur Facebook
- Partager sur Linkedin