Lead Technical Artist
- Permanent contract
- Video Games
- From 15 to 50 employees
Lead Technical Artist
- Permanent contract
While some still look to the stars, social networks and video games have given us a chance to look to the digital realm, a third place. These frontiers, thus far, have been fun - a form of entertainment.
Darewise is a team of force multiplier game developers, united to prove we can go beyond entertainment by experiencing rich, creative and connected open world, multiplayer video games.
They’re ready to prove that these worlds can exist as a cooperative venture between company and community.
They are building proprietary technology that serves as the foundation for these open world experiences, pushing beyond the existing social networks and online games to connect people in new, meaningful ways. They share this desire with gamers around the world who are eager to participate in building these worlds both as a technological achievement and as active participants in the game itself.
The company is based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Brad Lansford (The Witcher 3), Bradley Jeansonne (Hallo, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead), Benjamin Charbit (Assassin’s Creed) and the technical direction of Samuel Kahn (The Division, CryEngine).
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of what a game can be, join their international team and start disrupting it all to offer unprecedented gaming experiences.
As a Darewise Lead Technical Artist, you will be the bridge between artists and engineers, ensuring an efficient art pipeline and optimized game.
You’ll lead with technical excellence and have a thorough understanding of tech art principals whilst always keeping abreast of new techniques and technologies.
You’ll be at your best when leading and inspiring a team of talented colleagues, and be the go-to contact at the studio for all matters relating to the design and delivery of tech art systems and assets.
- Manage the Technical Art team and processes, hire and evaluate candidates.
- Work closely with Art Director, artists, and engineers to carry out the technical and aesthetic vision for the game
- Shape, develop and evolve Darewise’s art pipelines, including our tools, both outside and within the game engine
- Design smart assets, procedural and highly reusable systems to automate world building
- Structure the game’s art content, notably the folder structure and naming conventions
- Define various “budgets” for the art content to ensure performance of the game
- Mentor other team members, providing guidance and creative feedback
- Responsible for on-time and on-target quality delivery of all Technical Art assets
- Competitive salary (based on experience) with stock options.
- 7 weeks of paid holiday and flexible working hours.
- Relocation package including EU working visa assistance if necessary.
- Benefits package including private health insurance, pension and public transport.
- Unlimited budget for your workspace hardware, software and tools.
- Monthly free games to be up to date with all the latest release.
- Fully stocked fridges.
- Working within a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed.
- Living in Paris, one of the most iconic and exciting cities in the world.
Darewise is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Please note that all positions are full-time on-site in Paris, and English is our office’s working language. As such, only English language applications will be considered.
- 5+ years console or PC game development experience on products demonstrating a high visual bar, with one or more shipped titles in Unreal Engine 4, in a technical role.
- Technical experience across multiple art disciplines including procedural generation of environment, shaders and PBR material creation, animation and rigging.
- High level of proficiency with 2D and 3D art tools including, but not limited to: Maya, ZBrush, Houdini, Substance Designer/Painter, World Machine, and other state of the art DCC tools.
- Experience with node based visual scripting languages.
- Experience with python scripting and tools for art asset pipelines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and debugging abilities.
- Strong English and communication skills, comfortable working with multi-disciplinary and/or remote teams.
Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, and Executive Interview, with on-site interview as the final step in the process. In special cases, exceptions or modifications can be made.
Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language. As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered.
Meet the Darewise Entertainment team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on LinkedIn