Visual Product Designer
- Permanent contract
- Master's Degree
- > 6 months
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Health, SaaS / Cloud Services
- From 15 to 50 employees
Visual Product Designer
- Permanent contract
Cardiovascular disease is the first cause of premature death in the world. Arrhythmia is a set of heart conditions affecting tens of millions of people worldwide in which the heart beats with an abnormal rhythm, leading to symptoms such as syncope, palpitations, and stroke. It is crucial to diagnose an arrhythmia and start treatment before tragic consequences happen.
The most common exam to diagnose an arrhythmia is an ambulatory electrocardiogram (ECG), which records the electrical activity of the heart between 1 and 30 days, and even up to a few years in the case of implantable devices. The vast amounts of data generated by such tests still require experts to go through a time-consuming and labor-intensive process, resulting in elevated costs, treatment delays, and variable quality.
Cardiologs is on a mission to democratize top-tier cardiac care through medical-grade AI and software.
Since 2014, Cardiologs provides a cloud-based solution powered by a medical-grade AI trained over 1.5m ECG cases, which already automates 80% of the labor required to perform an expert-level diagnostic. Thousands of patients are diagnosed around the world every month thanks to Cardiologs.
Cardiologs is the world’s first medical device powered by deep learning, to have received regulatory clearance (CE Mark in August 2016). It is also among the first to have received FDA clearance (June 2017). Cardiologs is commercialized in the US and plans to accelerate growth in the EU in 2020.
Cardiologs is a tight-knit team of more than 30 people, based between Boston, USA, and Paris, France.
What you’ll do
Good design can change lives, great design in cardiology can save them.
We are looking for a highly collaborative visual product designer to join our design team. You will work closely with design, product management, engineering, data science and medical advisors in our office in Paris. As a designer at Cardiologs you’ll have a big impact on the lives of physicians, technicians and patients. In order to help you feel comfortable working in this space, we will teach you basic cardiac physiology and ECG interpretation skills.
- Collaborate on experiences from concept to launch including user research, user flows, user testing, wireframes, with a strong focus on creating visual mockups, interactive prototypes and specs for engineering hand-off.
- Work with and contribute to our design guidelines, and lead efforts in building out the Cardiologs Design system.
- Support the Cardiologs Brand through the creation of visual assets, data visualisation, illustrations and presentations that effectively communicate complex concepts.
Who you are
- You love to design polished, high-fidelity UI prototypes using modern design tools like Sketch and Figma. Your portfolio reflects this, and also clearly outlines the problems design has helped to solve.
- You’ve worked with and contributed to building out a Design System.
- You understand shipping a great product is a team effort! You enjoy working with others, be it within the design team or across other disciplines. You know how to discuss, present and explain your design decisions.
- You’re always learning and developing your skills, and just as important, you take pride in sharing your skills with others.
- You have a strong interest in designing healthcare products.
- You are fluent in English and French. (You will work closely with English native speakers).
- You have experience designing healthcare products.
- You’ve already worked in a B2B startup environment.
- You have experience designing digital SaaS products and systems. You have helped ship products that solve real problems for real people.
- You have experience designing branding & identity.
- Attach or send a link to your portfolio (we won’t be able to review your application without your portfolio!)
- Introductory phone call
- (Possible design challenge - dependent on experience)
- Technical interview
- Performance interview
- Culture interview with lunch (or drinks) with the team
Meet the Cardiologs team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on LinkedIn