Senior ML Engineer - Marketplace
- Télétravail partiel possible
- Sans diplôme
- > 5 ans
- Collaborative Economy, Mobile Apps, Mobility
- De 250 à 2000 salariés
Senior ML Engineer - Marketplace
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading long-distance carpooling platform – a global, trusted community of 89 million members in 22 countries. BlaBlaCar is creating an entirely new, people-powered, travel network that connects people looking to travel long distances with drivers heading the same way, so they can travel together and share the cost. With the recent integration of a coach bus network, and a commuter service for short-distance carpooling, BlaBlaCar aims to become the go-to marketplace for shared mobility.
With a dedicated member relations service, a state of the art web and mobile platform, novel insurance solutions and a fast-growing community, BlaBlaCar is making travel social, cost-effective and practical for millions of members. BlaBlaCar is continuously innovating, developing smart-stop and smart-pricing algorithms that dynamically unlock millions of possible local meeting points and, in effect, turn every highway into a major transport line while also allowing for more granular point-to-point service in less accessible areas. By doubling the number of people in cars (from 1,9 to 3,9 people), BlaBlaCar saved 1.6 million tonnes of CO2 in 2018 (the equivalent of traffic in Paris for a year).
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading long-distance carpooling platform – a global, trusted community of 70 million drivers and passengers in 22 countries. The platform connects people looking to travel long distances with drivers heading the same way, so they can travel together and share the cost. With the recent integration of a coach network and a commuter carpooling service, BlaBlaCar aims to become the go-to for shared road mobility. Affordable, convenient and user-friendly, wherever there’s a road, there’s a BlaBlaCar.
The data team’s purpose is to supply dependable data and algorithms to BlaBlaCar employees and products. Our mission is to enhance our products using machine learning (ML) and algorithms.
For example, we’re taking care of matching drivers with passengers, finding the best meeting points and routes, computing prices, etc…
Your mission is to create scalable, fast, and reliable machine learning services within BlaBlacar’s service-oriented infrastructure in Google Cloud.
They will host key machine-learning projects which are a core part of BlaBlaCar’s products.
What you will contribute to:
- Building scalable, service-oriented machine learning infrastructure;
- Consuming real-time data pipelines;
- Implementing algorithm performance monitoring and potential input data anomalies detection;
- Making the data team fully autonomous in the production environment, as well as maximizing our velocity with best in class tools and infrastructure.
- 6+ years of experience in engineering teams within tech companies;
- Fluency in Object-Oriented language development (Java and/or Go is a plus) and eager to constantly learn new technologies;
- A first experience in data gathering or data processing as well as technologies such as GCP, and Kubernetes is a plus;
- Startup mindset where iterating fast and delivering quality is key to the success of the project;
- Hands-on, taking initiatives and collaborative attitude;
- Fluent in spoken and written English, proficiency in French is a plus;
- A fun and serious attitude.
- A few practical details about the role
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris HQ
- Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees:
- A start-up spirit that fosters agility, teamwork and impact
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- An inspiring working environment including state-of-the-art office spaces
- Free carpooling to live our value “Be The Member”
- Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend
- Bi-Weekly BlaBlaTalks when we learn from each other
- Weekly Tech Demos
What is next ?
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) and answer our questions in English.
Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team and that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 3 weeks. If your application fits our requirements, we will first invite you to an interview call followed by a case study and 2 onsite interviews.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Meet the BlaBlaCar team
- Ajouter aux favoris
- Partager sur Twitter
- Partager sur Facebook
- Partager sur Linkedin