Homomorphic Encryption Researcher
- Teletrabajo a tiempo completo
- Formación: Doctorado
- Experiencia: No especificado
Who are they?
Zama’s mission is to safeguard privacy by making the internet encrypted end-to-end.
Zama is building a suite of products for securing AI applications in the cloud and on the blockchain. Developers and data scientists can build FHE-friendly applications using our technology without having to know cryptography.
Zama was founded by Pascal Paillier, a pioneer in FHE, and Rand Hindi, a serial privacy entrepreneur.
If you would like to learn more about Fully Homomorphic Encryption, you can read our 6-min introduction: https://6min.zama.ai/
Zama is building a suite of open source products that enables developers to create privacy-preserving applications for any platform, from cloud to blockchain
Zama is writing and maintaining several open-source cryptographic libraries and tools dedicated to Fully Homomorphic Encryption (FHE). Those libraries and tools are written with different languages (rust for libraries, cpp for the compiler, python for frontend, etc…) and they target several environment (linux/macos/…) and/or hardware (cpu/gpu/…).
As a Homomorphic Encryption Researcher, you will:
- discover new cryptographic techniques to compute on encrypted data;
- work with the engineering and product teams to implement your research into our products;
- design robust tests and benchmarks to validate your research and its implementation;
- review the latest published research, and inform the team on potential new applications;
- work with the entire team to define the research and product roadmaps;
- and publish papers, file patents, and present your work at both industry and academic events and conferences.
We are looking for different experience profiles for this position, from young researchers (right after the end of the PhD) to more senior ones.
He/She/They should have:
- have a PhD in cryptography or equivalent,
- have deep knowledge of homomorphic encryption,
- have (optionally) knowledge of LWE hardness and security,
- have (optionally) knowledge of machine learning,
- be passionate about privacy and open source software,
- have good written and oral communication skills.
Note that full remote is possible, however we ask that you visit our Paris office at least on a quarterly basis.
Our process is described in detail here: https://www.zama.ai/post/how-we-hire-at-zama
Zama values and promotes diversity. We give everyone a fair chance to be evaluated on their mix of professional, academic, and personal skills. Our aim is to make the hiring process as pleasant, stress-free, and friendly as possible, even if the process is longer and more involved than you might find elsewhere.