- Banca, FinTech/InsurTech, SocialTech/GreenTech
- Entre 15 y 50 empleados
- Fecha de inicio:
- Teletrabajo a tiempo partial
- Formación: Licenciatura / Máster
- Experiencia: > 5 años
¡El puesto ya ha sido cubierto!
Who are they?
Indeez is a fast-growing insurtech, backed by Mosaic Ventures and Elaia, with the mission to make platform work sustainable.
They do it by enabling digital platforms like Heetch, Brigad, Helpling and many more to take care of their community through usage-based embedded insurance & benefits.
Platform workers are the new middle class of this century. However, they face a massive problem of income whenever they are sick, injured, on maternity/paternity leave or have family life plans because traditional insurers struggle to serve gig workers.
This is where Indeez comes in to provide a safety net for an estimated 43M platform workers by 2025 in Europe.
With offices in Paris and London, this team of insurance and sharing economy experts is uniquely positioned to address this huge business need, having previously pioneered gig protection programs since 2016.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for an experienced Underwriter with strong technical skills. Property & Casualty experience (mainly Liability and Motor) is mandatory. This is a significant role that requires you to build new product offers, while working with digital platforms and engaging with insurers and reinsurers to build capacity. You will work alongside Pierre, our Director of Actuary, to support Indeez in meeting the needs of Independent workers.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BUSINESS
You will leverage your expertise in assessing risk exposure to develop Indeez’s product offer. You are a natural at decoding complex client needs and turning them into delightful products. Working closely with internal and external stakeholders, you’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting the development and evolution of the overall risk management strategy
- Developing Indeez product offering on main P&C lines of business from an underwriting perspective
- Assisting the Head of Actuarial in developing pricing models based on innovative assumptions
- Driving the negotiation on Underwriting and Terms & Conditions with external stakeholders (insurers, MGU, brokers, re-insurers)
- Writing, reviewing contract wordings with the support from the legal staff,
- Keeping up to date with business and competitive trends : ability to understand the best in class practices and products in other markets is key
- Generating new offers and promote Indeez
- Responding to all offers in a timely manner, calculating ratings and negotiating conditions of the contracts
- Identifying ways to develop new business by researching and developing new areas of profitable growth
- Participating in company’s transversal end to end projects for new product development
- Ensuring effective lessons are learned from won/lost deals
WHAT WE OFFER
Indeez is an equal opportunity employer. An international work environment that strives to be fair and inclusive: English is our working language in the office, but our hiring philosophy welcomes diversity of languages and culture. For example our team already reflects 8 nationalities; women constitute more than 50% of our leadership and workforce.
Some other things to consider:
- Full-time permanent contract (CDI)
- International work environment
- Competitive compensation package including equity in the Company
- 25 days of paid vacation and additional days off (RTT, ~ 10/ year)
- Hybrid work
- Meal Voucher/ Ticket Restaurant (Swile)
- Rapid growth opportunity with the coolest insurtech in the future of work space
We believe experience goes beyond resumes so even if you don’t tick all the boxes we still encourage you to apply.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
We are keen to discover new ways of innovating through your underwriting experience and to see your ability to compile, analyse and transform data into business actions. More specifically:
- 5-7 years of property & casualty experience (mainly liability and motor) in underwriting within the insurance industry (insurers, re-insurers, MGU, brokers, consulting, fintech and insurtech). Past successful experience of working with a fintech/insurtech is a BIG plus!
- You have a master’s degree in a relevant scientific subject (actuarial sciences, statistics or other).
- You have good pricing notions on P&C or a demonstrated interest
- You are solutions oriented - Thinking out of the box and proactively seeking for new approaches to improve portfolio’s performance
- You have leadership skills to handle underwriting negotiations and drive contract reviews, be it with clients or internal teams. You are also a strong team player and able to manage the chaos of an ambitious start-up
- You have a keen interest in the gig economy. Your tech affinity is critical - you’re an expert in Excel.
¿Te interesa esta oferta?
- Compartir en LinkedIn
- Compartir en Facebook
- Compartir en Twitter