- Inteligencia artificial/Aprendizaje automático, Seguros, FinTech/InsurTech
- Entre 50 y 250 empleados
¡El puesto ya ha sido cubierto!
Who are they?
Born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations and governments, Descartes was founded in 2018 to change the industry status quo.
Around the world, Descartes Underwriting offers a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against natural catastrophes & climate risks. Unlike traditional insurance, which relies on lengthy loss adjustment procedures, Descartes’ parametric products pay out when a predefined event (i.e. flood, cyclone, earthquake, etc.) occurs as measured by a specified parameter or index.
Descartes’ innovative edge stems from their ability to handle massive new data sources and apply proprietary algorithms that extract value for their clients. The team utilizes machine learning and advanced algorithms to unlock valuable underwriting insights from a wide range of sources, including IoT, satellite imagery, stationary sensors, radar and third party data. Not limited to looking backwards at claims history, they model the underlying phenomenon directly, capturing trends and potential climate change impacts to better protect corporate and public sector clients.
We are looking to hire a driven and passionate Events Intern to jump on board our Marketing & Communications team to support our internal and external events, both in-person and virtual, across our key markets.
This position reports to the Communications Manager, your responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Maintaining an updated list of key events across our global hubs, ensuring that all critical industry events remain on Descartes’ radar.
- Supporting event asset design and production, including Descartes branded materials for commercial and recruitment events
- Assisting in securing sponsorship opportunities for relevant industry events.
- Supporting logistical event operations.
- Coordinate invitation lists for internal events.
- Secure team registrations for external events as needed.
- Fluency in English and French
- Currently completing or just completed studies in the events, communications, marketing or a related field
- A previous internship in events is appreciated
- Excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Google Docs, Google Slides, Microsoft Office, and virtual meeting tools (Zoom, MS Teams)
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Commitment from Descartes to its staff of continued learning and development (think annual seminars, training etc.)
- Work in a collaborative and professional environment
- Be part of an international team, passionate about diversity
- Benefit from a referral scheme for successfully referring peers
- Benefit from a hybrid work mode
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the perfect challenge, please don’t hesitate to submit your application and resume on: https://www.descartesunderwriting.com/careers/
¿Te interesa esta oferta?
- Añadir a favoritos
- Compartir en LinkedIn
- Compartir en Facebook
- Compartir en Twitter